What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For inner and outer on both sides it would run me about $120, but with no job and not knowing when I’ll get one I’d like to keep as much money in my bank for emergencies. Once I get a job I’m getting a new truck so longevity is not too much of a concern. Just don’t want one that’s going to shear off in 1 month. I won’t be doing any off-road driving either. Its just to get me till about August.
Edit: $200 for both sides on Moogs website
Why replace inner and outer on both sides if only one component is the problem? Replace the one bad component with a quality part. Don't put a bunch of junk in there.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a separate module for the seats, its under the drivers seat. Mine started doing this a year or two ago, and I read that the TSB said don't rewire the switches, that you need to reflash the seat module. I have a Tech2, so I reflashed it and it fixed the problem and so far hasn't returned. Apparently, as parts wear the position sensor can go out of range and it puts the module into an undefined state. To fix it you have to completely reset the module's memory by reloading the software.
Ugh darn. My seat controls have been backwards forever and apparently have stopped functioning altogether. I was hoping to not have to purchase a tech2. I have a pretty good reader the bluedriver bluetooth one so I've never felt the need to get a tech2 before.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed out my front Wiper fluid motor. While the truck was up (had to lift the truck to get access to the motor) I took the time to grease the tierods and ball joints and found this....

Looks like I need to get a new axle and possible another control arm.

Does moog have a warranty? Or does it matter if I have ac delco on one side and moog on the other?

View attachment 223930 View attachment 223931
Moog r series I'm guessing?

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Limped the Hoe into my mechanic today.
Took the long and lest traveled route with as few stops as I could plan.
6 stops not counting the final stop at the shop.
Never got over 30 MPH and down shifted WAY before any stop signs.

Edit:

Another brake line blew so told them to replace all of them to be safe.
There goes the lowering kit money. :(
What is he replacing with? Nicopp or stainless I hope

Jeff Groves

Retired Demo Expert. I don't need to run anymore!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not gonna go stainless. It's a 2001 and lasted this long.
So figure I'm 61 and in 18 years I'll be.....
Probably dead?
Not worth stainless to me.

Jeff Groves

Retired Demo Expert. I don't need to run anymore!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To be honest. I just told him to replace the lines. Didn't tell him or ask about stainless.
As long as it's safe for SWMBO to drive until I up her to a million dollar insurance policy?
I'm happy.

Woodblocker55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think stainless lines are great selling point in Minnesota .[emoji106][emoji846]

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
How'd you get it to not look blue? I had white LEDs put in, but there is a film or something that makes it look blue

I messaged with the gal at Digital Dash Solutions via email and asked about the LEDs and what they'd look like. My eyes don't see blue all that well at night so I wanted to make sure even the white LEDs wouldn't look blue. She said that the white LEDs they use aren't much different color-wise than regular incandescent bulbs, so I had them put in. Frankly, I can't tell much difference between old and new, which is just fine with me.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How'd you get it to not look blue? I had white LEDs put in, but there is a film or something that makes it look blue
Did you get a blue lens? DDS sent me an Esky cluster and the lens was blue. I sent it back, didn’t care for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ppv2018