What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brian.roberts.1293

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I need to do this to my friend's '04. Replaced her driver's side window regulator yesterday and she informed me her driver's seat wasn't working. I checked the switches and... well... they're working... but the seat bottom switch is completely backwards. Up is down, down is up, forward is backward and backward is forward. The seat heaters don't work at all.

So I told her that her seat works, but for whatever reason someone put the switch in backwards or plugged the motors in backwards. She said, "No, that's the thing.... no one ever touched them. This stupid thing just went haywire all of a sudden. The electronics in it are all messed up."

Didn't occur to me while I was there to check the grounds, but that's exactly what I should've done.
Mine has done that exact thing. Just out of the blue everything is backwards.
When that reverse action of the seat motors happens, supposedly that's the bcm acting up. I've read to correct it, the bcm needs to be reflashed. Don't know if that's true, but I've run into ALOT of the reversed seat motors deal. ALOT!
Where is the bcm and how do I get it flashed? Is there other symptoms related to that also?

2004 Z71 Suburban Green I have a few upgrades done.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Oil change right at 3000 on Blackstone recommendation as my wear numbers rose markedly last time. It was insanely cold, and I ran a 6k interval. Level was a little low by the time I changed it. Hopefully they look back to my normal trends this time around.

Emptied catch can. First time with the stainless scrubber inside. Hard to compare volume since it's only a 3k interval, but seems good relatively.

20190515_184113.jpg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Mine has done that exact thing. Just out of the blue everything is backwards. Where is the bcm and how do I get it flashed? Is there other symptoms related to that also?

2004 Z71 Suburban Green I have a few upgrades done.
Bcm is under the dash--under the steering column, or there abouts. I know the dealer can do the reflash, but not sure who else can.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
When that reverse action of the seat motors happens, supposedly that's the bcm acting up. I've read to correct it, the bcm needs to be reflashed. Don't know if that's true, but I've run into ALOT of the reversed seat motors deal. ALOT!

My '05 driver seat adjust is also backwards ( forward-back)..... At least it works....

We need a sticky

tonyrodz........ just read above .....thanks

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
My '05 driver seat adjust is also backwards ( forward-back)..... At least it works....

We need a sticky

tonyrodz........ just read above .....thanks
I read it. Maybe someone can chime in and give an idea who can reflash the bcm, or if it's even that. I'm only going by what I've read here, on TYF.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I read it. Maybe someone can chime in and give an idea who can reflash the bcm, or if it's even that. I'm only going by what I've read here, on TYF.

It's been a while since I read about that, but are you sure it's the bcm and not the drivers door switch module?