What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff Groves

Retired Demo Expert. I don't need to run anymore!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was gonna say you should paint the grille surround and leave the middle black. Maybe a border around the lights that match
That's a great idea. Also thinking of a silver expanded mesh type stuff behind the grill to bring it out some.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Temps cresting 80F routinely here on the Gulf, so it was time for a/c. I think this truck will set a record. This will be the 5th compressor installed. First was replaced under warranty, early 00's. Third was one of those $200 ebay bundles I installed in like 2010. The fourth was the cheapest reman compressor on ebay I found. It leaked from the main half seal from day one, but slowly enough a full charge lasted a couple weeks.

Now it was time to do it right, new Denso compressor, Delco drier, CSF condenser. I am a little disappointed that the CSF didn't come with their logo like RockAuto shows (link). Oh well. All done, held -30 on the vaccum for at least 45mins.

View attachment 221264 View attachment 221265
Wow my 185k mile esky is still on it original ac parts. Works great. In CA bay area. Its 85 today. Wonder why you have been thru so many?

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I bought a used torque10fx digital DA polisher and some things to go with it to help bring my suburbans paint back to life some and get rid of the ghost lettering from debadging the truck. I hope it turns out good. Maybe get to start this weekend. 79dba3a1b2982bacad30535c51ab8ebb.jpg

2004 Z71 Suburban Green I have a few upgrades done.
My black caddy needs this treatment so badly... I have all the stuff just brrn putting it off. Planning to try first on my 94 as that paint is so far gone i cant make it worse.

brian.roberts.1293

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My black caddy needs this treatment so badly... I have all the stuff just brrn putting it off. Planning to try first on my 94 as that paint is so far gone i cant make it worse.
That's kinda how I am with my suburban like you are your 94. I don't think I'll hurt it but oh well if I do.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's kinda how I am with my suburban like you are your 94. I don't think I'll hurt it but oh well if I do.

You've invested in a better da and pads for sure. I've got a horror freight da. Honestly id give it a shot np but i rarely have more than a couple hours to work on something like that and ita not something you can easily do one hour at a time

brian.roberts.1293

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You've invested in a better da and pads for sure. I've got a horror freight da. Honestly id give it a shot np but i rarely have more than a couple hours to work on something like that and ita not something you can easily do one hour at a time
Yeah I rarely have much more time than that with 4 year old twin girls and being a stay at home Dad it is super limited. But I will do what it takes I guess. I hope to at least get it at 3 or 4 his a try.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jhmjr

Latest posts