What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

06JET

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am looking to do this. What products did you end up using for the rust and paint.

Used Castrol Super Clean first then pressure washed it to get some of the big chunks and the oil and grease off.

A lot of wire brushes from Harbor Freight and a chipping hammer. (like for welding) It gets the big stuff off and gets into the small places that are hard to brush.

Rust-oleum Rust Dissolver gel.
Says leave on like 30 minutes.......I left it on all day. Put it on before work and spray it off when I got home with my electric pressure washer. Pour it into a bowl and use a paint brush to put it on. Used 4 bottles total I think. Leaves a white residue so after probably 5 applications and I was done with the gel I used super clean and pressure washed it off.

Corroseal Rust Converting Metal Primer.
Paint it on with a brush. It looks like milk going on then turns black. Let it cure. Used a little over a half of a gallon.

Rust-oleum Professional gloss black spray paint. Gloss because it cleans easier. Used about 5-6 cans.

After 1 application for 30 min to an hour. I could see this wasn't going anywhere fast.
003 (11).JPG

During an application. Left this on for about 10-12 hours. Put it on thick.
004 (11).JPG

After probably 3-4 10-12 hour applications.
014 (7).JPG

Finished and painted gloss black.
002 (5).JPG

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To everyone that adds a trans cooler. I know a lot recommended the Tru-Cool Max 40k, however that's a little too rich for my blood right now and honestly I feel like it would be over kill for my application. I do however want to upgrade my cooler, and since I'll be flushing the trans soon anyways I was wondering if anyone used this one and had any good reviews for it.

https://www.amazon.com/Hayden-Autom...KJ6VT7MVRKF&psc=1&refRID=HKZN27J30KJ6VT7MVRKF

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt