What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
I like it!
Personally, I would've popped open just the glass to it could be mounted at the very top instead of 'in the middle' relatively speaking. Still looks better than the weird little third brake light!
I agree that would be my first choice. It's still glass up top but it's like painted glass. Would have to scratch it off but I have no idea how to do that:shrug:

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are those Tupperware containers wrapped in foil? I need to do something about my console. But I'd love a safe

They are 2 tapered metal craft tins that I had Laying around. I glued some thin rubber padding to the inside of them to cut down on noise. They were the perfect friction fit. Since the console bucket is tapered, you’ll need a tapered container or 2, otherwise you will have a gap at top. I used thicker rubber pad at the bottom. You can get the padding at Michaels for a buck a sheet. It may not look pretty, but nobody other than me will ever see it. I’d love to have a safe as well, but it’s not in the budget.

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are 2 tapered metal craft tins that I had Laying around. I glued some thin rubber padding to the inside of them to cut down on noise. They were the perfect friction fit. Since the console bucket is tapered, you’ll need a tapered container or 2, otherwise you will have a gap at top. I used thicker rubber pad at the bottom. You can get the padding at Michaels for a buck a sheet. It may not look pretty, but nobody other than me will ever see it. I’d love to have a safe as well, but it’s not in the budget.

I gotcha. I like it more now that you explained it lol

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! That’s perfect. I wanted one with a combo lock, and they have as an option. [emoji16][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using TapaBlah

No problem it looks like a great setup I’m going to go that route too I think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk