What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So having a weird issue with my heat.

When I put it on 90 it's pretty hot but if I put it on anything less than 90 it's cold

Any suggestions?

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Due to a local cop busting my balls, I changed my blue blinkers to white.20181117_141436.jpg 20181117_143558.jpg
According to him, my blue leds were a 1,000% illegal lol. I'm sure if he sees me again, he'll pull me over for not having amber bulbs in my blinkers. Also--all tail lights are illegal if DOT isn't stsmped on it. I believe that, but what cop will stop you for not having DOT approved lights. I mean unless it's totally obvious. I don't think mine are.20180915_162059.jpg

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washington. The desert side not the Starbucks side
Tossed the front diff in. Pretty easy job TBH and can be done with one person without a floor jack. It's fairly light. Maybe 80 or 90lbs dry?

Drain the fluid

Remove the front air dam

Take off the 6 Bolts on either side connecting the flanges to the cv shafts

Take off the Bolts securing the u joint

Disconnect the 4wd actuator

Pull out the 3 Christmas tree clips along the actuator cable

Pull off the vent tube

Unscrew the 4wd actuator

Disconnect the relay rod from both the pitman arm and idler arm, just swing it low

Un bolt the passenger side of the diff plus the 2 diff mounts. Leave the bottom bolt in until you're ready to get it out

From there, the diff twists forward, then you spin it to remove.
Install reverse of removal. Use loctite on the spinny bits, cotter pin for your steering linkage.

Took 3.5 hours, stopping for food while some penetrating oil sat. The tapers for the relay rod can get in there a bit tight

If you're in an area where rust is a concern, I'd set aside more time, particularly for getting the steering out of the way.

Filled it with 80w90 cheapo stuff.. Will change it out at the end of this week with some proper synthetic 75w140

Also did rear brakes. Changed rear diff fluid. Highly reccomend lube locker gaskets. Makes the process much less painful. Just drop the cover off, wipe clean, reinstall and fill. No fussing with scraping then trying to prep your surfaces whole the diff still wants to puke oil on it

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Due to a local cop busting my balls, I changed my blue blinkers to white.View attachment 210945 View attachment 210946
According to him, my blue leds were a 1,000% illegal lol. I'm sure if he sees me again, he'll pull me over for not having amber bulbs in my blinkers. Also--all tail lights are illegal if DOT isn't stsmped on it. I believe that, but what cop will stop you for not having DOT approved lights. I mean unless it's totally obvious. I don't think mine are.View attachment 210947
Blue lights in the front? Nah that's totally legal in all 50 lol.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know the 05 yukons needed to be calibrated when they go wonky. Let me see if I can find that youtube vid that helped mine.

I also posted a how-to in the tech section.
Edit: mine's not for the digital controllers.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9