What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

06JET

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I am stumped.
I pulled vacuum on my AC system for about an hour. Held fine so I started filling with 134 and gave it a shot of oil to make up for what drained out of the old condenser. Didn't want to take the Freon very well but I got about 46 oz into it. It takes 48 is what I have read, so it's close to full. While putting it in, it would read 45 low side and 205 high side which I thought was a little off at 75 degrees air temp, but close. Had trouble with the pressure sensor on the dryer. I had to wiggle it to get the compressor to come on. I can replace that, no problem but it was running the compressor so I kept messing with it and it was blowing cold but not as cold as I thought it should. I can't find my vent thermometer. Today I was going to check out the pressure switch before I went out and bought a new one so I cranked it up and while not paying attention at first, the compressor kicked in and this is what it was running. What the Crap?????

040.JPG

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I am stumped.
I pulled vacuum on my AC system for about an hour. Held fine so I started filling with 134 and gave it a shot of oil to make up for what drained out of the old condenser. Didn't want to take the Freon very well but I got about 46 oz into it. It takes 48 is what I have read, so it's close to full. While putting it in, it would read 45 low side and 205 high side which I thought was a little off at 75 degrees air temp, but close. Had trouble with the pressure sensor on the dryer. I had to wiggle it to get the compressor to come on. I can replace that, no problem but it was running the compressor so I kept messing with it and it was blowing cold but not as cold as I thought it should. I can't find my vent thermometer. Today I was going to check out the pressure switch before I went out and bought a new one so I cranked it up and while not paying attention at first, the compressor kicked in and this is what it was running. What the Crap?????

View attachment 209075
Maybe you have too much Freon in the system. Rather than trying to put a certain amount you should have added as you watch the pressure change. Just watched my home a.c. get serviced. Too much Freon can be as bad as not enough. Just a guess though.

I assume you replaced the drier?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

Shawn_S

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2016 steering wheel, shifter, and ignition key swap into my 01. Thought about doing a how-to, but I felt some of the steps (like dealing with passkey) should only be done if you're brave enough on your own. I ended up buying 2 columns, the wheel, new upper ISS, lower column bushing, and having to do it twice. Interestingly enough, 03+'s have the same spline shaft for the wheels. 02's and older require complete disassembly of the column to swap shafts. The shifter is a literal bolt in/out. I moved the old ignition switch and now a secondly key I hid, so it acts like a kill switch if I take out the original key. Sorry for the pics, sun was setting they're fuzzy.

20181010_183709.jpg

20181010_183719.jpg

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did this come stock on an 05-06 Escalade?View attachment 209059

No. The caddies are different. Probably just a cover swap. "vortec max" is technically the same engine as an LQ9 in the eskys (cadillac 6.0 with higher compression/flat pistons) but only came in the 05/06 trucks optionally IIRC.

Or the original engine blew up and they swapped for another lq9...

06JET

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe you have too much Freon in the system. Rather than trying to put a certain amount you should have added as you watch the pressure change. Just watched my home a.c. get serviced. Too much Freon can be as bad as not enough. Just a guess though.

I assume you replaced the drier?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

Yes, I changed the drier. The pressures were doing OK the night before that is why I stopped at less than the recommended amount. Maybe my high pressure switch is out????

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
2016 steering wheel, shifter, and ignition key swap into my 01. Thought about doing a how-to, but I felt some of the steps (like dealing with passkey) should only be done if you're brave enough on your own. I ended up buying 2 columns, the wheel, new upper ISS, lower column bushing, and having to do it twice. Interestingly enough, 03+'s have the same spline shaft for the wheels. 02's and older require complete disassembly of the column to swap shafts. The shifter is a literal bolt in/out. I moved the old ignition switch and now a secondly key I hid, so it acts like a kill switch if I take out the original key. Sorry for the pics, sun was setting they're fuzzy.

20181010_183709.jpg

20181010_183719.jpg
Nice swap. First of it's kind that I know of. Me and a few others have the newer style shifter . All steering controls work?

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No. The caddies are different. Probably just a cover swap. "vortec max" is technically the same engine as an LQ9 in the eskys (cadillac 6.0 with higher compression/flat pistons) but only came in the 05/06 trucks optionally IIRC.

Or the original engine blew up and they swapped for another lq9...

The LQ9 was specifically made for Cadillac but latter on found its way into the Vortec Max trucks and the Silverado SS, all 02-06 Escalade’s that had the 6.0 had the LQ9, from 02-04 you could get the 5.3 in the 2wd and only the 6.0 LQ9 in the AWD they dropped the 5.3 and all Escalade’s had the LQ9 I think that started in 05

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score

20181010_183709.jpg

20181010_183719.jpg
That's a really nice setup.

Shawn_S

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Nice swap. First of it's kind that I know of. Me and a few others have the newer style shifter . All steering controls work?

None of the controls work currently. I battled with this a lot. I do feel its a bit chinzy they dont work. But its an 01 so it didnt have any wheel buttons. So I would have to change clock springs, which I believe were orientated differently and redo some stuff. Starting with a 03+ would have been more ideal. And probably get some of the controls to work.

The left buttons are for cruise, which with the cruise controls on the turn stalk are sorta redundant. The right ones are for the gauge info screen which only would work with other 15+s.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos