What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I was hoping for first hand experience though. I know they generally make great stuff.

i run r1 e line drilled and slotted with their scorched ceramic pads on all my cars/trucks. comes as a kit. theres no dust to really speak of. only noise you might hear is if you really stand on the brakes you hear is a whooshing sound, thats the slots. best brakes for the money your gonna fine. bout 200 shipped for all 4 corners when you buy off ebay. they were the first thing to be done right after i bought this tahoe.

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know. I'm curious about them, too, and wish I had them on already! I spoke to R1 on the phone to build my kit (Gmt900 front, 800 rear, geomet drilled and slotted) and was in a debate over pads. The OE series was the recommendation he gave me. He was super helpful and patient as I made him review every part number of rotors, hardware, etc. Gave me their holiday (memorial day, I think) sale pricing (less than I found online), and everything. He was confident that the OE series was my best bet for dust and noise.
I have this setup on my truck..except I'm running the ceramic pads..I don't think they are the OE ones. They seem to bite better after a few stops. Low dust on the front.l, none on the rear and no noise. They can haul the truck down quick..saved me from a speeding ticket this morning no doubt..I was flying lol..braking is very consistent as well with no fade or shimmy in the steering wheel during hard stops.. no real complaints..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Wambliokiye

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Wambliokiye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$30. Not really worth it to me. Maybe if someone wants it, just pay for shipping. I hate throwing away something someone could use.
My first subs were hand me downs , with glue they used to fix the problem he has. Worked fine, left with the truck when i sold it. Toss sum vinale??( I am sure i spelt that wrong! ) tape on it, just to keep from riping more. Thats not a major function, no performance change. I learned that because my dog when a puppy chewed the side of the sub rubber. Got a list of crap that my dog has done to alost everyone of my rigs except the Nali ! she old now. Anyway my experianc my 2cents!

Ahhhh! Fingernail polish too! That works! To keep from ripping more and works to seal a crack on the sub CONE!

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have this setup on my truck..except I'm running the ceramic pads..I don't think they are the OE ones. They seem to bite better after a few stops. Low dust on the front.l, none on the rear and no noise. They can haul the truck down quick..saved me from a speeding ticket this morning no doubt..I was flying lol..braking is very consistent as well with no fade or shimmy in the steering wheel during hard stops.. no real complaints..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Stop tech slotted only rotors and either akebono pads or the Wagner oex. Work well for me.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

CMBNM

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Swapped out the vehicle speed sensor on the transfer case yesterday, and discovered the rear seal is leaking. So I've got another protect for later. Hooray!

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally figured out how to disassemble the rear seat drop down cup holder/center armrest thanks to @Tonyrodz. Just a couple of bolts holding it to the seat.. U do have to pull the top of the cup holder off so it can be pried up from the front. 2 clips hold the whole thing in, but I swore it was bolted down based on how it felt. The scratches are the multiple attempts to find a way in lol..there is a rivet holding the leather behind the grab handle. I figure I'll just put a self tapping screw in its place.

I never found anything on the web about this so I thought I would share to save anyone else the headache, now to finish the rest of the interior!
4d6284ba557c4180e9f9aa0ff7e5854e.jpg
6ecd862c465a4ece88a503720077018f.jpg
2bd3e52008ce9311fb72bbdd3c56fe3f.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Icyagent