What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

inmypassatlife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
full

That's about as far as I've gotten

1992rs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyon want to recommend some good brake pads? I intend to do the nnbs front brakes upgrade and my current pad though fairly quiet do not perform great.

I dont mind dust but the wife cannot stand brake noise.

Thanks!
Both my dad and I have Hawks LTS on our Yukon’s. Both rigs have great stopping power. I drive quite a bit harder than my father and I have no problems with emergency stops like sudden traffic jams on the freeway and braking from 90-20 effortlessly. They do produce quite a bit of dust though and there is some very low noise when cold, less so on my Denali with it’s 20’s now.

My dads NBS 2500 Sierra has Wagner thermo quiet ceramics and are pretty good too. I seem to remember reading that the Wagner’s were the best balance in regards to performance, noise, and dust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Both my dad and I have Hawks LTS on our Yukon’s. Both rigs have great stopping power. I drive quite a bit harder than my father and I have no problems with emergency stops like sudden traffic jams on the freeway and braking from 90-20 effortlessly. They do produce quite a bit of dust though and there is some very low noise when cold, less so on my Denali with it’s 20’s now.

My dads NBS 2500 Sierra has Wagner thermo quiet ceramics and are pretty good too. I seem to remember reading that the Wagner’s were the best balance in regards to performance, noise, and dust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for sharing your experience!

Some back story.

I have braided lines and good fresh fluid. The feel during normal driving is fine. I put the esky to work in the last few Months with some heavily packed trips to North lake tahoe and towing and trips through the santa cruz mountains and I can tell when they get worked hard braking suffers a bit.

20180724_111142.jpg

Maybe ill go with the Wagners. They can certainly be found pretty cheap.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Thank you for sharing your experience!

Some back story.

I have braided lines and good fresh fluid. The feel during normal driving is fine. I put the esky to work in the last few Months with some heavily packed trips to North lake tahoe and towing and trips through the santa cruz mountains and I can tell when they get worked hard braking suffers a bit.

View attachment 205285

Maybe ill go with the Wagners. They can certainly be found pretty cheap.

R1 concepts has a new line out that is a ceramic compound called OE. They're sitting in my garage......

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Thanks! I was hoping for first hand experience though. I know they generally make great stuff.

I know. I'm curious about them, too, and wish I had them on already! I spoke to R1 on the phone to build my kit (Gmt900 front, 800 rear, geomet drilled and slotted) and was in a debate over pads. The OE series was the recommendation he gave me. He was super helpful and patient as I made him review every part number of rotors, hardware, etc. Gave me their holiday (memorial day, I think) sale pricing (less than I found online), and everything. He was confident that the OE series was my best bet for dust and noise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak

Latest posts