What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I took out my 3rd row, swapped out my JL amp, because it was giving me issues, to a Rockford and added another 12 Pioneer sub box. I tried the MTX sub box, but I dixn't like how it sounded, and tore the foam surround. All in a day's work.View attachment 203421 View attachment 203422 View attachment 203423 View attachment 203424 View attachment 203425
Put a JL 10w in that Thunderform and I guarantee you'll like it. Then you can get rid of all that clutter. MTX subs suck.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Are you gonna keep the mtx?
I'm not sure yet, but probably not.
Put a JL 10w in that Thunderform and I guarantee you'll like it. Then you can get rid of all that clutter. MTX subs suck.
I actually have another box that was custom made for a Burb that has 2 JL's in it. Maybe I'll put that sucker in there.

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure yet, but probably not.

I actually have another box that was custom made for a Burb thst has 2 JL's in it. Maybe I'll put that sucker in there.
Subs can be tricky. If you don't mind a big box then go for it but you still need to have the right box for the sub that's in it, along with the right amp and you need to tune the whole system. My 10" JL in my Thunderform hits real hard and it's completely stealth. My days of having a big bulky sub enclosure are way behind me lol. Especially when there's plenty of room behind the rear panel for a good 10". You should be able to sell that Thunderform for a good profit to someone that wants stealth since they are impossible to find now. Sell it to the highest bidder!

ArcticYukon

The White Yuke has been superseded by a Red Hoe
Reaction score
Put a JL 10w in that Thunderform and I guarantee you'll like it. Then you can get rid of all that clutter. Newer MTX subs suck.

FIFY. I've got an MTX blue thunder 10" from about 20 years ago that still pounds. Had to re-glue to the surround to the frame a couple years back, but there aren't too many subs that old that haven't had to be repaired in some form or fashion that I'm aware of.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
FIFY. I've got an MTX blue thunder 10" from about 20 years ago that still pounds. Had to re-glue to the surround to the frame a couple years back, but there aren't too many subs that old that haven't had to be repaired in some form or fashion that I'm aware of.
Think this is worth fixing? What's a good way? Refoam it? Guy said it used to hit hard for him. I don't wanna just toss it.20180714_153435_1531596876145_001.jpg

MINIz guy

Reaction score
Soldered new wires to the knock sensor body harness. I replaced the sensor harness about 4k miles ago, and then the body harness got brittle and was connected by 1 strand. The Tahoe is getting old...

Time to detail and put her up for sale...