What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks... I was hoping I wouldn't have to pull the headliner, but I will if necessary
It might be possible to first spray with WD-40 or PB Blaster (you should do this regardless if you haven't already) and try to pull up on the rail any way you can in order to get pressure on the rivnut to keep it from spinning. Maybe get a thin prybar under with something to protect the paint if possible (tape?); pry up and turn the screw at the same time. You have to be careful obviously to not scratch the paint or dent the roof.

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ac fan just shit the bed on me so I ordered a new blower resistor and harness hopefully that fixes the problem

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It might be possible to first spray with WD-40 or PB Blaster (you should do this regardless if you haven't already) and try to pull up on the rail any way you can in order to get pressure on the rivnut to keep it from spinning. Maybe get a thin prybar under with something to protect the paint if possible (tape?); pry up and turn the screw at the same time. You have to be careful obviously to not scratch the paint or dent the roof.
I agree with what you’re saying about pressure on rivnit but maybe he should push down on rack so the rack contacts the ‘head’ of the rivnut to keep it from spinning....

Reaction score
I agree with what you’re saying about pressure on rivnit but maybe he should push down on rack so the rack contacts the ‘head’ of the rivnut to keep it from spinning....
The rack is currently off. I put the screws back in after I removed it a few months ago. Now I'm trying to take the screws back out so I can install an esky rack

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The rack is currently off. I put the screws back in after I removed it a few months ago. Now I'm trying to take the screws back out so I can install an esky rack
Oh, you’re ******.....
Kidding, guess what your doing soon.... pulling headliner.... or a pair of needlenose pliers on side of head of rivnut with scratching paint but you may not get a good enuff bite

inmypassatlife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's TCB stand for?
Part of the BCM main power supply is my understanding, but finny thing it's been what 2 maybe 4 days and no issues... Wonder if the new parts riding shotgun in the truck have anything to do with that lol

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
3rd row delete.20180714_161523.jpg VideoCapture_20180714-175815.jpg
I'm gonna just run the 2 like this for now. Ported box is facing down and the enclosed box is facing the front. I'm gonna see how it sounds and go from there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh