What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Massfloefi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good advice. Mine was particularly tough because the upper shaft that the bearing goes on had a gouge that made r&r of the bearing a pita. I'm guessing when I had the intermediate shaft replaced via warranty years ago that gouge was the handiwork of a dealer tech.

Don't buy the dorman bearing. Go OEM. I replaced the steering wheel position sensor at the same time.

Also, if you have adjustable pedals, getting the 10mm nuts back on the accelerator are definitely tests of patience.

Luckily I was able to maneuver the shaft around the adjustable pedal without removing it. Barely but I made it. I’ve heard that about the Dorman. You personally have a problem with one?

Wambliokiye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These are easy on the eyes. With a full tinit and these on makes for a nice ride. And I'm only using 1st and 3rd row lights and still lights up the inside nicely.20180610_212244.jpg

chrmbly

Reaction score
Still need to install my backup cam, but unsure of where to get the cable into the truck - don’t want to just drape it over the hatch seal. Saw some vids of people drilling holes in the back, which I’m not super keen on (did buy some rubber grommets and silicone to seal it).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chrmbly

Reaction score
Still need to install my backup cam, but unsure of where to get the cable into the truck - don’t want to just drape it over the hatch seal. Saw some vids of people drilling holes in the back, which I’m not super keen on (did buy some rubber grommets and silicone to seal it).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah, now I see it in the threads - you can run it through the little crack in the weatherstrip in the middle. That makes sense. :rolleyes:

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Luckily I was able to maneuver the shaft around the adjustable pedal without removing it. Barely but I made it. I’ve heard that about the Dorman. You personally have a problem with one?
Yes, the design on the Dorman is different and it presented challenges installing. Mine fell apart and I had bearings everywhere. OEM is much better in design for not a whole lot more.