What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a body shop sand the shit out of mine and use etching primer. 2 years so far and it's still good. I tried peeling the original and no bueno, it only partially came off with a razor and ruined it. I had to buy an aftermarket. I don't know how @05Single is getting that all off.

My front end was done the same way Rocket Man did his. The body shop sanded it like crazy and it is still holding up. As are both the front and rear bumpers.

DSC_0149.jpg

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
My front end was done the same way Rocket Man did his. The body shop sanded it like crazy and it is still holding up. As are both the front and rear bumpers.

View attachment 199480
But you also baby yours lol. And it lives a life of luxury in FL.
I'm glad I took all the chrome off the grille tho, last chrome grille I did started chipping right away so this time I'll be 100% sure it won't chip. But as for the chrome bumper I'll have to paint over it and hope for the best.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But you also baby yours lol. And it lives a life of luxury in FL.
I'm glad I took all the chrome off the grille tho, last chrome grille I did started chipping right away so this time I'll be 100% sure it won't chip. But as for the chrome bumper I'll have to paint over it and hope for the best.

I have a few paint chips, she lives outside, no garage, no snow, no salted roads, killer UV...buuuut yes she is a big, pavement pounding baby. Lol

06943F5E-721B-47CF-B5B9-738CAF7B7220.jpeg

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I must have read for days on this when I was installing mine, as well as talking with Tru-Cool. Those people really need better tech support because it took a miracle to get through to someone who knows anything about their products. There's some guys who think the only way for them to work is if the fittings are on the top and those who swear it doesn't matter. I looked at what Tru-Cool said, the fact that like you said the factory one works like that, the fact that there's plenty of guys who report that it works fine either way, and how my lines are coming into the bottom so it would be a PIA to route them to the top, and mounted it with the fittings at the bottom. And guess what? It worked great. But them a few months later I had to move it to behind the lower grill area because my intercooler needed to go where it was and the lines ended up at the top. It still works great.
Edit: I have a 2800 stall and a 4l60 level 3 "invincible" Performabuilt trans that cost me a small fortune so I wanted to be sure. Plus the blown and cammed 6.0 pushes it pretty hard. It stays cool.
I tried to mount mine fittings up and it was going to be a complete nightmare to route the lines. I put an infrared gun on it yesterday and it seems there is some kind of bypass in what is considered to be the top of mine . It was hot on the inlet side across the top and as you go down and closest to the outlet side it got cooler and this is with the fittings upside down. I'm going to temp it with the truck running just for giggles, but it does seem to force the fluid back to the top of the cooler and then works it's way down to the outlet. It's not just a big open tank that fills from the bottom. Myth busted lol..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed the shocks. Only drove around the neighborhood to make sure nothing falls off lol hopefully the ride is better.

I still can' for the life of me figure the sway bar out and I can't get the free travel mod done

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody else get in on the Harbor Freight class-action? I remember filing about a year ago and it was supposed to be about $10 per person. I got a $160 gift card today. yay!

I didn' get that one but when I was in the army and living in an apartment in Washington state my wife and I had to move and the company charged us pur last month. Well come to find out rhey had a class action lawsuit filed I got a few hundred back from them about 4 years later lol. It wasn' the whole months rent but it was something

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Banjomatic