What did you do to your 21+ T1XX today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nick14226

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks OEM and he modified it to add a square.
Might do similar with acrylic or 3D printed and VHB double sided tape to attach.
I’d be very interested to see what you come up with. The hitch cover has a bit of a curve to it, so I’d imagine you can make an even cleaner fit 3d printing it versus the flat trim piece I found.

Fast_AT4

RWM +1
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d be very interested to see what you come up with. The hitch cover has a bit of a curve to it, so I’d imagine you can make an even cleaner fit 3d printing it versus the flat trim piece I found.

Yeah, might have to do this as I like the hitch receiver/cover that I designed but that look of no cover...looks like crap. Also gives me an excuse to design a new hitch cover for me lol. Should also make a section for the trailer hookup so no need to ever remove it moving forward.

shekmark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, might have to do this as I like the hitch receiver/cover that I designed but that look of no cover...looks like crap. Also gives me an excuse to design a new hitch cover for me lol. Should also make a section for the trailer hookup so no need to ever remove it moving forward.
Yes, then sell them to us!

MBTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
4hrs later....Corsa installed. Wish they would make the pipes slip in a bit easier....but straight forward install. Videos to follow.
How do you like the sound? Is it too loud? Does it drone too much?

Fast_AT4

RWM +1
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How do you like the sound? Is it too loud? Does it drone too much?
Love the sounds. Can barely hear it when cruising so no drone. When you get on it is when you really hear it. That COLD START is NICE. Went out to dinner last night and as always, backed it in. Then I noticed that there were outside seating not 5 feet from my Yukon. So after dinner, I informed the customers sitting there that it might get a bit loud for a few moments. It was not fully a "cold start" so it wasnt as loud as in the morning..but all gave the thumbs up at the table.

nick14226

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love the sounds. Can barely hear it when cruising so no drone. When you get on it is when you really hear it. That COLD START is NICE. Went out to dinner last night and as always, backed it in. Then I noticed that there were outside seating not 5 feet from my Yukon. So after dinner, I informed the customers sitting there that it might get a bit loud for a few moments. It was not fully a "cold start" so it wasnt as loud as in the morning..but all gave the thumbs up at the table.
DFM bothering you at all when it kicks in? Corsa on my previous Yukon sounded terrible when AFM dropped cylinders. Thankfully tuned it out of that one.

Fast_AT4

RWM +1
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DFM bothering you at all when it kicks in? Corsa on my previous Yukon sounded terrible when AFM dropped cylinders. Thankfully tuned it out of that one.
First GMC/Yukon so not even 100% certain if/when DFM is kicked in. Since we cant tune it out due to GM fu**ery, is there an option for disable it via a module?

nick14226

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought the '17 Yukon (5.3 6 speed) used and noticed AFM right away. Cruising along, especially at lower speeds, a little throttle tip in and feels and sounds like it's lugging. Blackbear tune and I was thrilled, tuned off the AFM, fixed the weirdness with the trans shift points, night and day difference in drivability. Corsa sounded good at all times instead of the helicopter sound during lugging. Very little to no drone from that exhaust though, regardless, which was impressive.

I was optimistic with the '22 Tahoe (5.3 10 speed) DFM. Didn't notice it at all first 7,000 miles or so. Now, same thing as AFM, lugging. The miles, the time, the first oil change, the colder weather, a stack up of all these variables but now it's here on my Tahoe and very noticeable. Blackbear seems to be a no-go, checked in with them earlier this week. Range isn't saying no, but if blackbear can't is it realistic they can? I tried 89 octane and noticed a slight improvement, running a first tank of 93 now for the heck of it incase the cylinders that are firing when DFM kicks in will misfire less with the higher octane (grasping at straws). Could cause the opposite problem and have DFM kick in even more with the higher octane though. We'll see if that helps. Also have a bottle of the ACDelco injector cleaner coming, the one recommended in the manual. Can't imagine I have buildup already, gas I run isn't top tier but it's a newer and very busy gas station.

Last resort is running in L9 as it stops DFM (and auto stop/start which is nice), just don't love losing a gear as a "solution" and I'm not sure I like what the transmission is doing in L9. We'll see, that might be what I end up sticking with if the 93 octane doesn't do the trick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kentf3