What did you do to your 2015-2020 K2XX Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

That Bad Man

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This was last week...

GMC dealer performed a transmission pan drop and filter change. It only has 35k on it but I wanted to have a starting point as I bought it with 32k.

Service writer said it would be $300...It was $650. She had her manager take $250 off, so in the end it was $400.

I changed the front and rear diff as well as the transfer case. Dealer wanted $200 plus for each. I used all GM spec fluids.

AirJordan613

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This was last week...

GMC dealer performed a transmission pan drop and filter change. It only has 35k on it but I wanted to have a starting point as I bought it with 32k.

Service writer said it would be $300...It was $650. She had her manager take $250 off, so in the end it was $400.

I changed the front and rear diff as well as the transfer case. Dealer wanted $200 plus for each. I used all GM spec fluids.
Nothing wrong with doing the trans early. I tend not to like doing trans fluid myself either - can get messy. I do all the other fluids though.

MadMax_MFP

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Roaming the wasteland of the Arizona desert
Since I just took delivery I decided it was time to do an inspection from front to rear. Oil, filter, trans fluid, air filter and cabin filter all replaced. Pulled the front and rear tires to inspect the brakes and suspension and to see what will be involved in lowering, adding Brembo big front brakes, adding bigger sway bars along with replace the front and rear shocks. Took the left front inner fender out to take the pictures requested in the other thread regarding the PIT bar mounts. Same on both sides so I only posted the left side. Was going to wash and get more pictures but it is suppose to rain so I will clean up later.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, saw some residue on my front strut bodies, so decided to use the rest of the extended warranty. New front struts up front.

Finally got to the bottom of the steering wheel clicking noise. Upper column bearing and race fixed it.

Ride is some better, but having that clicking sound when turning right gone is amazing for sure.

Debating on keeping the burb or getting a grey 18 escalade... Tough call for sure, just not really wanting to give up 2.9% and a stupid low remainder balance vs higher balance and higher percent to finance. If I was to do the escalade, I would probably be getting rid of the wife's Q5 that she doesn't drive anyways. So frees up some finances for sure also. Tough calls all around... But the burb is about to roll 90k, so trying to figure things out before 100k as the depreciation is a big of a hit there or it used to be with companies not financing over 100k on vehicles.

Thrust

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkavros

Latest posts