What did you do to your 2015-2020 K2XX Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Started this convo on the “what you up to” thread but I think this one is more appropriate

Front Brakes on the Yukon

Noticed my brakes pulsating on the highway for awhile so I figured the disk are probably due to be replaced. Ordered a Bendix brand pad and rotor bundle from rock auto. Chose the Bendix because they would arrive soonest and I honestly don’t have a preferred brake brand. All brakes have served me well over the years except when I splurged and bought some of the pricier pads for my van since it’s a 3500, they squeak like a MF! But enough about that

Other night I started this project, only to find out the rotors are from a NBS but the pads are compatible with the 2015. Had to wrap up for the night. Double checked my order and I did order the bundle under the 2015 Yukon tab on Rockauto. Went into the bundle and checked the compatibility, pads we’re compatible and the rotors were not. Rock auto made good on this and sent me a return label.

Yesterday I received the right size rotors (raybesto brand). Put the kids to sleep and go out to work on the truck. Front passenger side slide pin is seized causing the inner pad to wear unevenly. So I try to work it free to see if I can salvage it, no go snapped it right off. So there’s my night. But wait there’s more. That caliper also has a split in the boot that I happened to notice. I didn’t even inspect for it because there’s no signs of leaking brake fluid, but the split in the crease caught my eye. Oh and the brake fluid in the reservoir is practically black so I’d love to flush that all out.

Ordered replacement caliper bracket, slide pins, and the small rubber boots for the pins. Just waiting for that to come in. But im still stuck on the caliper boot.

Questions below

I’ve searched but finding very minimal info on the 2015+ brake system

Do I need a scan tool to activate the ABS to do a bleed or will a power bleeder hooked up to the reservoir work?

anyone have any luck just rebuilding a caliper? (Gasket kits are under $10)

Any advice on getting my bleeders to break free? (PA rust). And if I get my bleeders to open up can I apply some kind of lube to the threads to keep them from seizing in the future?

jd08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did an oil change for the first time on the Yukon today. Wife always took it to the dealer. I switched to Mobil 1. Rotated the tires and did an inspection on the suspension and brakes.

SpyShops212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did an oil change for the first time on the Yukon today. Wife always took it to the dealer. I switched to Mobil 1. Rotated the tires and did an inspection on the suspension and brakes.
Make sure you keep using the same oil moving forward and that the label says Dexo 1. It is important to keep the same type of oil. The lifters are sensitive and you should change when the monitor says 20%.

jd08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure you keep using the same oil moving forward and that the label says Dexo 1. It is important to keep the same type of oil. The lifters are sensitive and you should change when the monitor says 20%.

I use Mobil 1 in all my vehicles when I change it. I let the dealership do the 2 changes since we owned it because there was minor powertrain issues they fixed before we hit 60,000 miles. Now we are past that I will do all the maintenance on it. This oil change was at 22% at 4500 miles. I usually do changes at 4000 but winter weather delayed it this time.

SpyShops212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
B82064E9-917B-44E1-9C8B-D2B65DA4ACF4.jpeg33E8B199-5310-4279-8B47-6701065CF366.jpeg

I waxed my 2018 Escalade Lux with Meguiar’s Carnauba Wax by hand. I do this 3-4x a year. I also put extra wax on the roof and hood.

SpyShops212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A7B9AF93-6EB3-49E4-B8F3-C8071E9A19B9.jpeg62AE80ED-07F3-46A5-99A7-16ACCD914D55.jpegCA8B5F55-CAAA-4BF9-A770-292E552969CD.jpeg

I purchased two front Lloyd’s top of the line ultra front floor mats for $60 new and the 2021+ mirror puddle OEM projector lights for $50 new on OfferUp. In the manual it says they also have the puddle light for GMC and Chevy.

Saturday I am picking up a Range AFM for $60 and OEM front sunshade for $20.

My next mod is the MagicBox that makes my iPhone wireless CarPlay, Miracast, HDMI,, USB drive, Android 11, PlayStore and comes with remote. This plugs into the USB port for the screens in the truck. I can use it on any car with CarPlay or Android Auto.

AirJordan613

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 393927View attachment 393928View attachment 393929

I purchased two front Lloyd’s top of the line ultra front floor mats for $60 new and the 2021+ mirror puddle OEM projector lights for $50 new on OfferUp. In the manual it says they also have the puddle light for GMC and Chevy.

Saturday I am picking up a Range AFM for $60 and OEM front sunshade for $20.

My next mod is the MagicBox that makes my iPhone wireless CarPlay, Miracast, HDMI,, USB drive, Android 11, PlayStore and comes with remote. This plugs into the USB port for the screens in the truck. I can use it on any car with CarPlay or Android Auto.

Sounds great!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17