What did you do to your 2015-2020 K2XX Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SpyShops212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced my rear view mirror camera with a new one. I found out the hard way that it degrades over time and should be replaced every 3-4 years. I was able to take the lens off the new one and put it on my old one that was in place already which saved me time. I also didn’t want to risk breaking something else by talking apart the tailgate. It does cost $240 for the OEM camera. GM should sell just the lens only because it just screws on. The lens should not cost more than $20.

IMG_6350.jpegIMG_6349.jpeg

jd08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced my rear view mirror camera with a new one. I found out the hard way that it degrades over time and should be replaced every 3-4 years. I was able to take the lens off the new one and put it on my old one that was in place already which saved me time. I also didn’t want to risk breaking something else by talking apart the tailgate. It does cost $240 for the OEM camera. GM should sell just the lens only because it just screws on. The lens should not cost more than $20.

View attachment 401512View attachment 401513

Did youreplace the whole camera or just the lense? Did you use an OEM camera? I need to replace ours because it is blurry.

SpyShops212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did youreplace the whole camera or just the lense? Did you use an OEM camera? I need to replace ours because it is blurry.
I bought a OEM camera and just removed the lens from it and put it on my original camera. You could purchase the lens and replace yours though. IMG_6354.png

SpyShops212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed my driver and passenger seat bottoms for less than $450 OEM. I am debating on allowing the hot summer sun get the small wrinkles out or using a heat gun. I might wait a month or two to see what happens with the sun. I changed the 2nd row upper and lower buckets last fall. Purchased from eBay for $220 everything from a leather seat company in Florida. The both sides top and bottom 2nd row seats got damaged from my child seat that left marks in it. The 2nd row was not hard the change out but the front driver and passenger is a real pain and took me almost six hours to change. I recommend to buy the foam as well for the driver and passenger side of which I didn’t.

IMG_6497.jpegIMG_6496.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaliRoyal