What did you do to your 2015-2020 K2XX Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Slow5.0 Good for you for testing the actual before and after difference of your Wilwood BBK brake upgrade. Dropping down to 90 ft. from 130 ft. from 60-0 mph is a notable improvement over the stock brakes!

Everything is so pretty out of the box and upon initial install. Wait until you have 50K+ miles on them! One thing I wish I did was powder coat the rotor hats before installing mine. The factory coating black "e-coating" on the rotor hats is significantly better than what you find on other aftermarket rotors from the likes of R1 etc., but after a while they will still start to show some corrosion.

Curious what made you choose the 16" TC6R kit over the 16" TX6R kit for up front?

Slow5.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Slow5.0 Good for you for testing the actual before and after difference of your Wilwood BBK brake upgrade. Dropping down to 90 ft. from 130 ft. from 60-0 mph is a notable improvement over the stock brakes!

Everything is so pretty out of the box and upon initial install. Wait until you have 50K+ miles on them! One thing I wish I did was powder coat the rotor hats before installing mine. The factory coating black "e-coating" on the rotor hats is significantly better than what you find on other aftermarket rotors from the likes of R1 etc., but after a while they will still start to show some corrosion.

Curious what made you choose the 16" TC6R kit over the 16" TX6R kit for up front?

I just like drilled and slotted rotors, yeah TC6R have 2nd and 3rd piston smaller than TX6R 1.38 vs 1.62" or piston area 5.40 vs 6.52 in². also TX6R are for heavy loads like pulling trailer and i dont plan pulling much. Also TC6R comes with BP-10 pads, TX6R comes with BP-20. Those BP-20 will create much more brake dust. I could mix and mach parts but will cost a lot more buying that way. Plus i got good deal on autoplicity, $3900 shipped

My front hats are aluminum, rear are steel, are you talkin about rotors and rust on them ?
Also you said wait till 50k+ miles ??

Last edited:

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just like drilled and slotted rotors, yeah TC6R have 2nd and 3rd piston smaller than TX6R 1.38 vs 1.62" or piston area 5.40 vs 6.52 in². also TX6R are for heavy loads like pulling trailer and i dont plan pulling much. Also TC6R comes with BP-10 pads, TX6R comes with BP-20. Those BP-20 will create much more brake dust. I could mix and mach parts but will cost a lot more buying that way. Plus i got good deal on autoplicity, $3900 shipped

My front hats are aluminum, rear are steel, are you talkin about rotors and rust on them ?
Also you said wait till 50k+ miles ??

I believe both drilled and slotted rotors or just slotted are available for both the TC6R and TX6R 16" brake kits. They consist of the same rotors and rotor hats, the only difference being the calipers and pads.

My front hats are aluminum as well, with my rear hats also being steel. We have the same brakes; Only difference is my front calipers are the TX6R w/ BP-20 pads vs. your TC6R with BP-10 pads.

I had only brought up 50K+ miles because that is what's on my set-up so far. My front aluminum hats still look pretty decent, but the rear steel ones display some corrosion/rust. Which is to be expected on any brake set up really.

Slow5.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only thing i notice NA 6.2 doesnt have enough power anymore to overcome rear Wilwoods with power brake, i guess its time for boost
Is there way to install line lock ? I bet BCM will go crazy

Slow5.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tonkatoy hows fittment on Morimoto headlights, are they plug and play ?
I talked with TRS and asked them about those heqdlights on Denali since i Denali have D3S HID low beams vs H11 on SLE/SLT but he couldnt answer my question. So does Morimoto headlights comes with extra harness for H11 and D3S or whats deal

Tonkatoy

Reaction score
Tonkatoy hows fittment on Morimoto headlights, are they plug and play ?
I talked with TRS and asked them about those heqdlights on Denali since i Denali have D3S HID low beams vs H11 on SLE/SLT but he couldnt answer my question. So does Morimoto headlights comes with extra harness for H11 and D3S or whats deal
Yes plug and play, other then the tap wire in the fuse box, sharp looking lights.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter

Latest posts