What did you do to your 2015-2020 K2XX Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmm121783

Searching for the next sunset...
Reaction score
I used a light curb rash episode as an excuse to get new "shoes" on the Caddy. Same wheel, different finish... and a much, MUCH better road force balance job. Also painted the front brake rotor "hats" black to match the rear.

That is a nice and clean looking Esky!

I want to say the reason the 5100 isn't a recommended shock for you is length...they should be slightly longer than a stock shock.

Possibly look into the 4600 (yellow) as that is usually a stock length with very similar valving to the 5100

I had a feeling it had to do with the PPV having a drastically lower suspension when compared to any of the other Tahoe trim levels. You do know that they are "adjustable" in that they have 3 or 4 ring lands that you snap a clip in to hold the spring perch at different heights? I do wonder if that will be enough though. I really LOVED my 5100s, not only because of the ride quality but also that stainless valve body. You would think that any shock made for a "lowered" Tahoe would also be good.

Any other "high end" shock recommendations?
Anyone running the 4600s on a K2 PPV?

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are correct...adjustable from STOCK to 2.5" roughly HIGHER...not lower, the shock travel itself would bottom out on bump.

jmm121783

Searching for the next sunset...
Reaction score
Is catch can oil bad? Or what do you do with it?

It can contain more than just oil therefore I really don't see the benefit of analyzing anything that comes from a catch can, but I could be wrong though and would be interested to hear otherwise.

Drained the catch can after a month, about 75% full.

I have a Mighty Mouse Catch Can (Amazing built quality, good features, functions very well and looks top notch IMHO) on my V and depending on how many miles driven, condition of the motor, driving conditions and how big your catch can is I think that is/could be a problem. Are you sure the can is hooked up right? I have only drained mine a couple times and my car is no Daily Driver by any means but I put 6-10k on a season. Even when I drain it at the end of the season, I'm only seeing 3oz at most, if I had to guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne