What did you do to your 2015-2020 K2XX Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tk59194

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TK...nice choice, much better than the plastic painted versions...
i have used AMI for several rides...i felt the need to add some color to the latest...

View attachment 278244 View attachment 278245

Stormin08, one of your posts is what motivated me to order them, so thank you. I may eventually add a white outline to it. The red looks awesome on your truck!

Greg Kulbick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put new 265/70/18 Toyo Open Country AT3s on today. About an inch taller than stock static, but definitely fills up the wheel well better and makes quite the visual difference. Not a quiet as what came out, obviously, but I still haven't decided if they're louder than I expected them to be based on the reviews I read.
Screenshot_20210503-190902_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20210503-190844_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20210503-190822_Gallery.jpg

Jeff_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put new 265/70/18 Toyo Open Country AT3s on today. About an inch taller than stock static, but definitely fills up the wheel well better and makes quite the visual difference. Not a quiet as what came out, obviously, but I still haven't decided if they're louder than I expected them to be based on the reviews I read.
View attachment 278296View attachment 278297View attachment 278298
Very nice, I like the look of a taller tire on the 18” wheels. Filling out the wheel well definitely changes the whole look for the better.

Greg Kulbick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice, I like the look of a taller tire on the 18” wheels. Filling out the wheel well definitely changes the whole look for the better.
Agreed. I went with the 265/70/17 on my 07 a few years ago and it made a big difference then, too. No clearance issues on the 07 which is stock height.

jmm121783

Searching for the next sunset...
Reaction score
Yeah I very much agree, when driving at night in the pacific north west on a snowy night, it's dangerously poor light output.

People bash what they call "the cheap LED lights" yet I've done a lot of research, settled on BEAMTECH and have not had a SINGLE issue with any of their LEDs. No "anti-noise" filters or simulators to run, strictly plug and play in all of my vehicles. I've run them in three vehicles, four pairs total. They are priced very well ($40-50ish) and with amazon have a great return policy if you should require it. I was running a set in my '09 SSV before I sold it after getting my '18 PPV. The '09 has over 3 years on those LEDs before selling the truck, still running strong (I work with the person I sold the GMT400 too) and have over a year as my V fog lights (funny that these were actually the same bulb I used in my GMT400 as the main headlamp, 9006 I think) and am VERY satisfied with the built quality and light output. I see people complaining about LED orientation at 9/3 within the headlamp assembly when installed. The Beamtechs have a adjustable "collar" with 6+ notched positions so that you can adjust the LEDs to whatever orientation works best for your headlamp.

I was hoping to find someone in this thread that had swapped FRONT Leather seats (preferably heated and cooled if that can work without crazy mods) into their 15+ and wanted the specifics. I read here IIRC that the pin/harness changed for 16+ is that true? Do I have to get pull outs from a certain year range if I wish it to plug and play to my 18 PPV??

Still haven't gotten a legit, verifiable answer about the suspension, swapping out for Bilstein 5100s in my 2018. Did 5100s on my '09 SSV and the ride was AMAZING! I was planning to do the same on my 2018 PPV. Bilstein's website says it wont work, I posted in a thread here asking about it, people said it doesn't fit. Why would it not work unless the suspension setup is completely different on the PPV vs all other LS Chevy Tahoes (which I find hard to believe but I could be wrong)? A legit answer for that is proving difficult. Maybe I just bite the bullet, buy the 5100s and see if it wont work myself? IDK but I want to do that ASAP, before the wife has our first baby. The suspension is stiff/rough (and I love a stiff suspension) as many have stated, and I understand why if Police need a 6500lb truck to handle at even 100mph let alone 140mph+. Its just a lil much when the truck doesn't have LEO equipment and isn't loaded down.

Any help on the front seat swap or suspension swap would be greatly appreciated! Loving the heated steering wheel upgrade and the power fold/puddle light/turn signal rear view mirrors are an amazing upgrade!

Greg Kulbick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
People bash what they call "the cheap LED lights" yet I've done a lot of research, settled on BEAMTECH and have not had a SINGLE issue with any of their LEDs. No "anti-noise" filters or simulators to run, strictly plug and play in all of my vehicles. I've run them in three vehicles, four pairs total. They are priced very well ($40-50ish) and with amazon have a great return policy if you should require it. I was running a set in my '09 SSV before I sold it after getting my '18 PPV. The '09 has over 3 years on those LEDs before selling the truck, still running strong (I work with the person I sold the GMT400 too) and have over a year as my V fog lights (funny that these were actually the same bulb I used in my GMT400 as the main headlamp, 9006 I think) and am VERY satisfied with the built quality and light output. I see people complaining about LED orientation at 9/3 within the headlamp assembly when installed. The Beamtechs have a adjustable "collar" with 6+ notched positions so that you can adjust the LEDs to whatever orientation works best for your headlamp.
I had the Beamtechs in mine and they worked fine, but I still went to HIDs pretty quickly. While the difference is literally measurable, it is figuratively immeasurable.

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to say the reason the 5100 isn't a recommended shock for you is length...they should be slightly longer than a stock shock.

Possibly look into the 4600 (yellow) as that is usually a stock length with very similar valving to the 5100

RThomasII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used a light curb rash episode as an excuse to get new "shoes" on the Caddy. Same wheel, different finish... and a much, MUCH better road force balance job.

Also painted the front brake rotor "hats" black to match the rear.

20210506_0805162.jpg 20210506_07550723.jpg

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score