1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What did you do to your 15+ K2XX Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by soulsea, Feb 28, 2014.

1. tsuintx

tsuintx Full Access Member

Name:
    Tomi
    Good point about the housing. First K2xx SUV for us, so things might work differently with LEDs in these than in the GMT900.

Your pics actually were the ones that kind of pushed me over to spend the coin on Morimotos. Everybody keeps saying how good they are compared to any cheapos, like the ones I had in the GMT900. I sure hope that's true, since the price difference is pretty damn big! LOL!

2. Rockcrawler11

Rockcrawler11 Member

Name:
    Alex
    I installed the ACDelco slotted rotors and ceramic pads PN/SDPR210TK along with a 0w20 synthetic oil change with a ACDelco filter PN/UPF63R. New cabin filter and cleaned my Volant CAI filter. It was a day for general maintenance 35,700 it was due for some love.

E1ECBD29-1F0F-437E-91B4-03B949CA6158.jpeg

3. STORMIN08

STORMIN08 Full Access Member

Name:
    shawn
    T...Best 200 bucks i have spent yet !

Rockcrawler...looking forward to the feed back o performance. i have been looking at the power stop brakes, and overlooked this option

Rockcrawler11 and 89Suburban like this.
  4. 89Suburban

89Suburban Full Access Member

Name:
    PAW PAW

Got some character on the front fender lip there I see?

Rockcrawler11 likes this.
  5. Rockcrawler11

Rockcrawler11 Member

Name:
    Alex

Yes wifeys spirited parking lot driving it’s to blame for this one lmao

89Suburban likes this.
  6. Rockcrawler11

Rockcrawler11 Member

Name:
    Alex

After break-in procedure was done I did about 170 miles of street/freeway driving, initial bite is way better and just as smooth as factory, they’re very quiet too.I like how much stronger the brakes are as the pedal is pushed down. I’m thinking it’s the Ceramic pads making alot of the difference. I’m sure stopping distance has a few feet taken off too. Overall a very nice Stock+ upgrade if you don’t want stoptech pricing or the “big brake” kits out there. 24month/24,000mi warranty too.

89Suburban and STORMIN08 like this.
  7. Jeff_

Jeff_ Member

Name:
    Jeff
    Picked up my CPO Tahoe about a week or so ago.
    I don't trust dealerships when it comes to maintenance things (most things honestly) so I decided to changed the oil.

Went to remove the AC Delco oil filter and it was put on so fucking tight by some moron at the Chevy dealer (probably with air tools) that I couldn't get it off with oil filter wrenches or any sort of socket adaptor to remove it. Ended up crushing and crimpling the thing trying to get it off with no success.
    Ended up doing the good ole fashion hammer a phillips screwdriver through one side and out the other and then twisted it off with a good amount of effort that way.

Thus proving my point that I don't trust the dealer and I do all my maintenance myself.
    Successful morning.

Rockcrawler11, 89Suburban and Flydex like this.
  8. Flydex

Flydex TYF Newbie

Name:
    Ryan
    Changed oil, filter and air filter. Rotated tires and inspected the underbody while it was on the lift. Having a lift in the garage is one of the best things any serious owner can do, what a life changer.

I used Mobil1 0W-20 and a Napa Gold filter. This interval was 4,300 miles and the oil was black. This is the second change I’ve personally done and the second time the car has seen Mobil1 0W-20 EP. Mileage is 80,800. Yikes. Hoping to get 120k out of the car.

Rockcrawler11 and 89Suburban like this.
  9. Tonyv__

Tonyv__ Full Access Member

Name:
    Tony
    I don’t trust them for shit. My Yukon had 100% oil life when I bought it. But about 2 weeks later it had low oil warning... I changed my oil and it’s been fine for about 3 months now with no change in oil level. They’re just idiots.

89Suburban likes this.
  10. rjaneway34

rjaneway34 TYF Newbie

Name:
    Ray
    Got my SuspensionMAXX 1.5” leveling kit installed today. I love the look and now gotta figure out what I’m doing for tires!

7F93F339-5DFF-4561-AE1C-DDF250DD2377.jpeg

shock, Miami-Dade, ThomasD22 and 3 others like this.