What did you do to your 2015-2020 K2XX Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The snap ring was already installed on the new condenser that I bought from GM. I drove about 3 miles while the trans. fluid was being pumped out. Put new fluid in. Trans seems OK.

Mother fr that sucks. :mad::mad::(

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mother fr that sucks. :mad::mad::(
it's happened to me, luckily I saw all the smoke in my mirror and had just enough time to pull off the freeway and into a parking lot before all the fluid came out it was just starting to slip as I pulled into a stall. Dealer had serviced it the day before, they copped to it, towed it and filled it back up.

tsuintx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some cosmetic improvement today. Not sure why the pad looked so nasty (never had them like that in any of our GMT900s) but it’s nasty no more. :cool:

I just cut the wire loom holders that attach to the pad. Otherwise would’ve needed to remove the bumper and I wasn’t going to go there. Loom seems pretty nice and snug there as is, so I don’t foresee any issues. Was able to reuse the ones on the ends anyway, so they’ll hold it up too.

97D972E1-D4E0-4DCA-A5D5-1FB0AD18DDC4.jpeg 940C79C8-160A-40CA-915F-0C3351F80B1F.jpeg EF88F51C-4703-4EFB-9211-4BEB3102BB58.jpeg C5D66AB1-348A-4945-ADEE-42B6D3AB1342.jpeg

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some cosmetic improvement today. Not sure why the pad looked so nasty (never had them like that in any of our GMT900s) but it’s nasty no more. :cool:

I just cut the wire loom holders that attach to the pad. Otherwise would’ve needed to remove the bumper and I wasn’t going to go there. Loom seems pretty nice and snug there as is, so I don’t foresee any issues. Was able to reuse the ones on the ends anyway, so they’ll hold it up too.

View attachment 266095 View attachment 266096 View attachment 266097 View attachment 266098
they all get like that it's plastic and subjected to sunlight, rain, mud, dirt, heat, cold, ice. gets stepped on and scraped from loading and unloading stuff, just a wear item. there is plastic conditioner you can use to shine it up but that only last's so long also.

tsuintx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they all get like that it's plastic and subjected to sunlight, rain, mud, dirt, heat, cold, ice. gets stepped on and scraped from loading and unloading stuff, just a wear item. there is plastic conditioner you can use to shine it up but that only last's so long also.

Yup. My question was more rhetorical in nature. Haha! Texas sun definitely doesn’t help.

But maybe GM also cheaped out on the material on these since none of our GMT900s ever were that bad.

Anyway... Good to go now. Replacement was a GM part, so we’ll see how long that’ll last.

Prospect62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
KYB Gas-a-just rear shocks installed today to match the front struts PO had put on a couple of months ago.

Passenger side was somewhat a PITA. I don’t get why they couldn’t put the threads on the bracket instead of using bolt and a nut. :mad: Or at least welded a nut on the bracket. Access is stupid limited on both sides.

Wasn’t too bad, but still need to complain. :p

Took it for a test drive and while on the highway I finally got around recording logs for DiabLew tune. Hope to get the tune from Lew some time next week.

View attachment 263618 View attachment 263619

Does your Burb have the ZW7 suspension? If so you had the Nivomat self-leveling rear shocks. I had those on a Durango once and when I swapped them out for regular "off the shelf" shocks I lost about an inch of ride height in the rear.

On GM trucks with the Nivomats (ZW7 suspension) they recommend that if you replace the Nivomats with off the shelf regular shocks that you also swap out the rear springs with taller/stiffer ones to compensate for the loss in ride height.

Did you lose any altitude in the back with the KYB's?

tsuintx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does your Burb have the ZW7 suspension? If so you had the Nivomat self-leveling rear shocks. I had those on a Durango once and when I swapped them out for regular "off the shelf" shocks I lost about an inch of ride height in the rear.

On GM trucks with the Nivomats (ZW7 suspension) they recommend that if you replace the Nivomats with off the shelf regular shocks that you also swap out the rear springs with taller/stiffer ones to compensate for the loss in ride height.

Did you lose any altitude in the back with the KYB's?

Got ZW7 and ass end still where it was earlier. No adverse effects whatsoever so far. Rides better than before. No bouncing around or anything like that that softer springs might indicate.

If something does come up at some point and work is needed in the rear, I’ll redo the whole thing with Rancho QuickLifts in the front and something else in the rear to level it.

For now the KYBs it is.

Prospect62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got ZW7 and ass end still where it was earlier. No adverse effects whatsoever so far. Rides better than before. No bouncing around or anything like that that softer springs might indicate.

If something does come up at some point and work is needed in the rear, I’ll redo the whole thing with Rancho QuickLifts in the front and something else in the rear to level it.

For now the KYBs it is.

Huh, ok. Just curious. Good to know - that experience might save someone some serious coin. I've always been told Nivomats must be replaced with Nivomats. I didn't believe it either and wasted time and money finding out the hard way. I guess the Durango must be different.