What did you do to your 2015-2020 K2XX Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DWTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
100k miles...changed the front and rear diff fluid. Hopefully I put the right stuff in there, after doing much reading and calling the dealer. I settled on 75w-90 in both. It has the Limited Slip in it, which I don't think it really needs, but everyone seemed to agree it will be good. It's hard to find the other without paying an arm and a leg for it, if you can even find it. Will double check it this morning to make sure it's not leaking.

Just for info purposes, in case others look, and for my own sanity check. All fill and drain plugs seem to want to be torqued to 24 ft. lbs. The rear diff cover, 12 bolt, 20 ft. lbs on each bolt in a star or criss cross pattern. If someone knows that's wrong, please let me know. Otherwise, it's here now in case others go searching for torque specs.

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good info for sure, i am planning an Oil, Both Diff and Trans service since i am right at 50K. Probably doesnt need it, but being a newer to me vehicle, i dont mind (bought it with 43K)

I also just pulled the trigger to try these LED's as low beam heads...https://www.morimotohid.com/morimoto-2-stroke-2stroke-h11-led-bulbs?quantity=1

got a slightly better deal than what is listed here.

sd172

Reaction score
good info for sure, i am planning an Oil, Both Diff and Trans service since i am right at 50K. Probably doesnt need it, but being a newer to me vehicle, i dont mind (bought it with 43K)

I also just pulled the trigger to try these LED's as low beam heads...https://www.morimotohid.com/morimoto-2-stroke-2stroke-h11-led-bulbs?quantity=1

got a slightly better deal than what is listed here.

I have the 2stroke 2.0s in both high and low beams and am very happy with the light output. I am not very happy though with the pulsing whine they make before the fans warm up. Hopefully they addressed that in the 3.0 version.

tsuintx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
KYB Gas-a-just rear shocks installed today to match the front struts PO had put on a couple of months ago.

Passenger side was somewhat a PITA. I don’t get why they couldn’t put the threads on the bracket instead of using bolt and a nut. :mad: Or at least welded a nut on the bracket. Access is stupid limited on both sides.

Wasn’t too bad, but still need to complain. :p

Took it for a test drive and while on the highway I finally got around recording logs for DiabLew tune. Hope to get the tune from Lew some time next week.

16964802-AE27-4AC1-93ED-567F9E130B1C.jpeg 8AB3B673-C6A0-4FC5-90FE-03F454B69582.jpeg

Last edited:

WifesYukon17

Reaction score
KYB Gas-a-just rear shocks installed today to match the front struts PO had put on a couple of months ago.

Passenger side was somewhat a PITA. I don’t get why they couldn’t put the threads on the bracket instead of using bolt and a nut. :mad: Or at least welded a nut on the bracket. Access is stupid limited on both sides.

Wasn’t too bad, but still need to complain. [emoji14]

Took it for a test drive and while on the highway I finally got around recording logs for DiabLew tune. Hope to get the tune from Lew some time next week.

View attachment 263618 View attachment 263619
Yep, those rears are much more complicated than it needed to be.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Staggered 02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Basically an overall productive weekend. The color matched grill and other pieces had several chips that needed to get addressed. We worked on getting all of the pieces pieces prepared then color matched. Also installed the color matched radiator cover when we got done with the color matching effort this afternoon.

20201126_153915.jpg 20201126_153919.jpg 20201129_132515.jpg 20201129_140826.jpg 20201130_002838.jpg

tsuintx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, those rears are much more complicated than it needed to be.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Ain't that the truth! :mad: Again, not too bad since I got both done in about 45 minutes, but it sure needed quite a few strong words in between wrenching. So freaking easy in the pickup!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marthaInKilgore