What did you do to your 2015-2020 K2XX Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ditched the vent visors, and added black RST grill and 'burb emblems. I have some vinyl wrap coming in for the headlights, but I dont mind the current look - kind of ties the front in to the chrome around the windows...e2efb65eb84c3ef504252aa0cf13ed1a.jpgfab3117b45af5367608ca4dde4481dac.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I seriously think these vehicles look a lot better without vent visors. They serve no purpose IMHO. If you leave a window cracked all the garbage comes in from the landscapers. Ask me how I know. I had those visors on my last vehicle. The vehicle is NOT any cooler leaving a window cracked. At least to me anyway

Tahoen

Reaction score
What is involved in that? Which vehicle do you have (and what trim level and packages)?

2015 tahoe LT.. I got two mirrors off ebay(240$). So far a had to run 4 wires(1-turn signal, 1-paddle/courtesy light, 2-power fold, that iam working on now(have to add a two switch).. you basically have to tap into the wires coming out of the BCM and run them wires to the mirrors harness. but, the power folds different as you dont tap into the BCM, im still trying to figure out something for that!

Last edited:

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I seriously think these vehicles look a lot better without vent visors. They serve no purpose IMHO. If you leave a window cracked all the garbage comes in from the landscapers. Ask me how I know. I had those visors on my last vehicle. The vehicle is NOT any cooler leaving a window cracked. At least to me anyway
Agreed. Much better looking without, but I do think here in TX they keep it a little bit cooler. Had a set on my avy that was flush - apparently they cant do that on newer ones...5754158f448f4b1f0277453645e32f7b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

YukonXLMan

Reaction score
Airraid cold air intake tube. Like most others on this forum, see no real horsepower increase, but am really surprised regarding how much faster the ponies kick in when mashing the pedel, vs. standard air intake. The slight hesitation is completely gone, much to my surprise. Can't complain about the growl under the hood either while the speedo ratchet's skyward :)

LT1ZOB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did nothing to my Tahoe, but with my Tahoe, after 5 trips to Home Depot, I now have a fully tiled shower with functional plumbing. Workhorse, daily driver and a comfortable cruiser, the Tahoe ticks all my boxes.

DDB22D0D-79F7-4230-BBD9-EC476713A576.jpeg

YukonXLMan

Reaction score
Just changed out the transfer case, front diff, rear diff and transmission fluids on 2017 with 61K miles. Man, this stuff was NASTY! All of it! Boggles my mind that GM recommends changing it later than what I did!!!! Only fluid left to do now is new brake fluid....

cmatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2015 tahoe LT.. I got two mirrors off ebay(240$). So far a had to run 4 wires(1-turn signal, 1-paddle/courtesy light, 2-power fold, that iam working on now(have to add a two switch).. you basically have to tap into the wires coming out of the BCM and run them wires to the mirrors harness. but, the power folds different as you dont tap into the BCM, im still trying to figure out something for that!

I should be able to help you with the mirror folding. Send me a PM.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JJ461

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Figured I'd jump in and update what I've done with my 2018 Yukon Denali that I bought preowned in April of this year.

Installed LED tag and backup lights, fog lights are next on that list...

Put in a WeatherTech cargo mat for behind the second row of seats. I rarely have more than 3 additional people with me so the 3rd row stays folded 99.5 percent of the time, really like the looks and the fit of the mat.

Last week installed a new set of wheels I found online and new Michelin tires. The wheels are 2019 takeoffs and the tires are an OCD necessity.

Plans are in the works to tint the front two windows and lower the rear about 2".

IMG_1104-2.jpg
IMG_1106-1.jpg
IMG_1108-1.jpg