What did you do to your 2015-2020 K2XX Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tylus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wrapped it all on the truck. It might be more effort than it’s worth to take it off. The bottom window trim will not benefit being off since where the chrome meets the rubber trim are not separate pieces.

Are you going to lose your side blind zone alert?
Even though mine is an LT, it was weirdly optioned. I didn’t have turn signal mirrors or the side alerts

But I do have the upgraded audio system, and the host of sonar stuff and lane maintenance stuff

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even though mine is an LT, it was weirdly optioned. I didn’t have turn signal mirrors or the side alerts

But I do have the upgraded audio system, and the host of sonar stuff and lane maintenance stuff
How you going to upgrade the Radar with the option when these options are only available when you build the car?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Tylus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How you going to upgrade the Radar with the option when these options are only available when you build the car?

I bought her used 1yr old.

I know service members overseas can order a vehicle with any option configuration they want. I’ve bought a few of those used. They confounded the experts because they had option arrangements that weren’t supposed to exist. I’ve been suspecting this is one of those

I did buy it next to the Navy base I am stationed at.

cmatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to finish wiring my tow mirrors. So might as well pop the trim off while I have the door panel off

What wiring do you have left to do on the tow mirrors?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tylus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
F5254B10-753C-4908-AE19-0DD4A8598F63.jpeg
What wiring do you have left to do on the tow mirrors?

Since my ‘Burb didn’t have blinker mirrors, the associated main harness and door harness don’t carry the needed wires. For blinkers and running lights

So I need to run wire taps and run wires to the mirrors

My mirrors also have backup LED spotlights. So I’m going to run a power wire for those as well. F77D72B8-AAF9-4BE9-AA22-0221EEA2BA31.jpeg

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought her used 1yr old.

I know service members overseas can order a vehicle with any option configuration they want. I’ve bought a few of those used. They confounded the experts because they had option arrangements that weren’t supposed to exist. I’ve been suspecting this is one of those

I did buy it next to the Navy base I am stationed at.
Got it

cmatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 225466
Since my ‘Burb didn’t have blinker mirrors, the associated main harness and door harness don’t carry the needed wires. For blinkers and running lights

So I need to run wire taps and run wires to the mirrors

My mirrors also have backup LED spotlights. So I’m going to run a power wire for those as well. View attachment 225467

Gotcha. If I already mentioned this, sorry for repeating. I can help you with a harness for the tow mirrors if needed.

The turn signal circuits for the mirrors should be present in the door harnesses, but not in the cabin. That’s been my experience with the harness orders I’ve done. Check position 41 on the door side of the connector. If a terminal is present, then they are set up for turn signals.

The suvs don’t have the wiring for the running or cargo lights. My harness will make those features functional.

Tylus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotcha. If I already mentioned this, sorry for repeating. I can help you with a harness for the tow mirrors if needed.

The turn signal circuits for the mirrors should be present in the door harnesses, but not in the cabin. That’s been my experience with the harness orders I’ve done. Check position 41 on the door side of the connector. If a terminal is present, then they are set up for turn signals.

The suvs don’t have the wiring for the running or cargo lights. My harness will make those features functional.

I’ll look again. But last year when I put the mirrors on there were no pins in the body harness connector. The doors didn’t have the wires either. No turns or running

I built my own harness. Just been too lazy to open it back up. I just moved from CT to GA. Got 2 weeks of vacation. So will finally fix it. Lol

cmatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ll look again. But last year when I put the mirrors on there were no pins in the body harness connector. The doors didn’t have the wires either. No turns or running

I built my own harness. Just been too lazy to open it back up. I just moved from CT to GA. Got 2 weeks of vacation. So will finally fix it. Lol

Interesting. Please post some pics of the connector ends for the door and body side. You mentioned it probably was a custom build/order. I’m curious to see what the pin out looks like. Interesting to see if GM had their vendor do custom harnesses.