What did you do to your 2015-2020 K2XX Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SARNCAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My gloss black Tahoe script arrived. Will have to wait until April to install. Plastidip works fine with most of the emblems, but the script has sharp edges, so wash mits and towels catch them the wrong way once in a while. $39 for all 3 is worth it.

View attachment 211675

Can you share from where you get them
I need the “Premier” emblem

LT1ZOB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you share from where you get them
I need the “Premier” emblem

Found them on eBay. Set of 3 were usually $59-$70. Black Friday, many vendors were at $39. I checked my vendor’s store, no Premier emblem, but go on there or Amazon and search Tahoe Premier emblem. Should find some

SARNCAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found them on eBay. Set of 3 were usually $59-$70. Black Friday, many vendors were at $39. I checked my vendor’s store, no Premier emblem, but go on there or Amazon and search Tahoe Premier emblem. Should find some
I couldn’t find any
I am looking for the 2019 Premier Emblem

LT1ZOB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you looking for gloss black? Might be a dealer item only (no one has copied it or too low of a margin item to be worth getting into). If GM offers it in black, dealer will have it. If not, Plastidip is always an option, or you can rattle can it, or take it to a collision shop to paint it for you.

Pittz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got around to putting 5500k HID's in the Tahoe. Big difference in lighting.

Morimoto has never failed me before so I went with their kit again. Worked flawlessly. We all know what HID's look like, so no need for pictures.

LT1ZOB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got around to putting 5500k HID's in the Tahoe. Big difference in lighting.

Morimoto has never failed me before so I went with their kit again. Worked flawlessly. We all know what HID's look like, so no need for pictures.

Link to the actual product? Thanks

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score

For the low or high beams? Is the housing correct for HID’s? (Projection angles etc)? I was always under the impression that true HIDs units were more than just a bulb/ballast...maybe not

Pittz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
http://www.morimotohid.com/h11-morimoto-elite.html

The light output is much better and the beam pattern is near perfect for a projector halogen style. Their 5500k is white and matches the LED strip. My wife does not notice much, but she she did notice them after install.

When it comes to HID's, do not cheap out. You will pay twice.

https://www.gen5diy.com/collections...15-2018-chevrolet-suburban-foglight-harness-1

Ordered this harness to go with the fog light housings with LED bulbs. They are activated when the headlights come on full power. My wife would never use the switch if I were to add it, so this is the best option.

SARNCAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
http://www.morimotohid.com/h11-morimoto-elite.html

The light output is much better and the beam pattern is near perfect for a projector halogen style. Their 5500k is white and matches the LED strip. My wife does not notice much, but she she did notice them after install.

When it comes to HID's, do not cheap out. You will pay twice.

https://www.gen5diy.com/collections...15-2018-chevrolet-suburban-foglight-harness-1

Ordered this harness to go with the fog light housings with LED bulbs. They are activated when the headlights come on full power. My wife would never use the switch if I were to add it, so this is the best option.
Thanks man [emoji1303]

LT1ZOB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
40 degrees out, changed the oil even though I still had 30% to go. Spring is a long ways away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2