What did you do to your 2015-2020 K2XX Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LT1ZOB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You’re a brave man. A black vette is enough to drive me insane. But a black Suburban ? So many panels, so little time. I’m giving a friend of mine a lot of grief over his all black RST on order.
Seriously though, the ceramic helps tremendously

TheMaineEvent

Reaction score
^ A fellow Michigander.
I used Pinnace Black Label, 2 coats, 2 yrs ago when I picked up an all black car and had it Xpel wrapped. Loved it, but thought since it's "non professional", meaning available to the public, it would be a short term, crappy product. Here I am, 2 years later, still haven't touched a washmit to my black car. Just a 1700 psi power washer and all the dirt falls off. So I used Pinnace Black Label again on the Tahoe

Very nice. I have some classic cars so I'm very wary about not damaging the paint. I had Gteqnic's 5 year ceramic coating put on them and so far (about 5 months now) all I do is break out the electric power washer to hose em down, use a foam cannon, and spray them off. Then I use a air cannon to dry them and they're show ready. I do wipe some water streaks here and there, but aside from that, no more physically touching the paint.

What my Mach 1 looks like with Gtechniq on it.

7xA6fRV.jpg

4nNRDvr.jpg

4nNRDvr

LT1ZOB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Beautiful! Yes, I learned long ago, the less you touch a painted surface (especially black), the longer it will stay perfect.

LT1ZOB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here’s a pic of my black car. The quarter panel is wrapped with Xpel, then I ceramic coated over the Xpel, the liftgate is not wrapped with Xpel, only ceramic coated. Still looks pretty clean 2 years after ceramic was applied.

25E2B92A-61A8-4FFF-99C3-24FA2297296D.jpeg

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cannot figure out the pic, can you do differently.
Here’s a pic of my black car. The quarter panel is wrapped with Xpel, then I ceramic coated over the Xpel, the liftgate is not wrapped with Xpel, only ceramic coated. Still looks pretty clean 2 years after ceramic was applied.

View attachment 206845

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You’re a brave man. A black vette is enough to drive me insane. But a black Suburban ? So many panels, so little time. I’m giving a friend of mine a lot of grief over his all black RST on order.
Seriously though, the ceramic helps tremendously

Nice!!

I'm considering the pinnacle black coating as you used, Carpro Cquartz or Gtechniq light ceramic. All of the 1-2yr coatings seem to be similar in price and results.

LT1ZOB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AJS, since you have a long journey ahead (lots of big panels) and if you plan on applying it yourself, my recommendation is pinnacle. I’ve used Cquarts helping a friend do his car. Based on my experience, Pinnacle was easier on and easier buffed and has lasted longer than I expected. To be fair though, the vette is a 16 with 4,500 weekend miles. The Tahoe is a DD that will see all kinds of weather. I’ll report back in a year on how well the Pinnacle is holding up on my Tahoe

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
okay, you sold me on the pinnacle... DId you use the V2 version...approx $80/bottle?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne

Latest posts