What Crossover settings?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OB 04Denali

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Finally done putting everything In after a few years or poking at it. Iv been reading and reading but can there be anything else to try to get it fined tuned and finally leave it. Sounds great but can it sound better before I try and leave it alone. Iv tried a few combinations, but I'd like to hear what you guys have to say. Here is where I have everything set it and you guys tell me what you think or any suggestions. Thank you everyone!

Front doors and A pillar
Hertz HSK 165 6.5" -- HP to 90hz
Rear doors
Hertz HCK 6.5" -- HP to 90hz
In stock center console sub enclosure
Kicker comp rt 6.75" sub -- LP to 90hz
D pillars
Kicker 3.5" - HP to 120hz
Back left panels stock sub box
Kicker comp r 8" sub - 90hz
3 pioneer shallow pioneer boxes inline between captains chairs.
Each box has a kicker comp rt 8" all set to LP to 90hz

Dan O

Wylie_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the woofer amp(s) have an adjustable subsonic filter? This will help those small woofer work a little more efficiently, and gain some output.

select127

Supporting Member
Reaction score
why all the different subs in different locations? and how many amps running the subs?

OP
OP
OB 04Denali

OB 04Denali

Reaction score
why all the different subs in different locations? and how many amps running the subs?

I use the truck as a work truck sometimes and the 3rd row seats so I need the room.

My truck came with the little woofer in the center console. I notched it out a little and fit that one up there.
My truck doesn't come with the sub in the back panel so why not get one I picked up used for $25, trim it a little and throw a sub behind there in the past years stock location.
In the middle of the captians chairs is a little dead space where you can really only use to walk. I was going to put 1 pioneer shallow box and that was it. Then I turn it sideways and it fit, so my not 2 more boxes since that space isn't really anything in the way.

Mrv m300 is bridged to the front little guy
5th channel of the PDX-v9 is to 2 of the 8 inch guys in the middle 527 watts to clipping
And a PDX-m6 is to the sub in the back panel and 3rd sub in the center.
And I don't live in a lade day area, unless your looking hard you can see anything since it's all hidden or matching the carpet. So why not?
20191008_115012.jpg 20191008_115012.jpg 20191008_115101.jpg

Last edited:

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No DSP? You need a tuning microphone to make measurements to determine where everything should be set. Just because you set a crossover at 90Hz electronically doesn’t mean that’s what happens acoustically.

select127

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Should get rid of all these other subs. Why not just 2 higher end subs in a well built custom enclosure between the 2nd row.

You got 3 sets of subs running off 3 different amps

OP
OP
OB 04Denali

OB 04Denali

Reaction score
No DSP? You need a tuning microphone to make measurements to determine where everything should be set. Just because you set a crossover at 90Hz electronically doesn’t mean that’s what happens acoustically.

No dsp. Yet. Iv been building and getting it slowly not all at once.

Buy getting a custom built enclosure in between the seats, will it be flush or lower then the trunk so I can still use the back when folded down? I don't want a 2nd row center console type. I would like it flat like it is. In between the seats doesn't not fit 10's either or I would of put them there. Only 8's

If you were to put different subs in those boxes as for higher end subs, what would you put in there?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I suggest that you add AudioMobile subs to the list of subs that you will be checking out and considering for purchase. They are not flattened 'pancake' style subs, but they are designed specifically for small enclosures. I have a 10" AudioMobile sub in a custom built sealed enclosure, located between my 2nd row captain's chairs. For me, this sub and enclosure acts as a table for the second row chairs, and it also serves as a sitting platform for one of my dogs, when we go cruising around town (hence, the dog hair on the enclosure).

My amps are hidden within one of the rear side panels.

Subwoofer.jpg

Sub Enclosure Underside.jpg

Good luck with your project and ultimate decision.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14