What are you guys detailing your Tahoes with...?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wolfbraid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes with the time....

Exactly, remember I said I did my hood? after looking at the size of this thing(i've been in a coupe for a few years) I imagine by the end of next summer I'll have a good coat of wax on all body panels... that's how long it takes.. or how little time I have.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My friend's Ferrari 488... Black.... It had many details. They wiped stuff on the paint, but they never really cleaned the paint - they kept putting layers of quick detail crap on it
. I researched a solution....

Meguire's Wash Plus. You wash the paint, but use an agressive motion like you are polishing it. The soap is a fine- slightly abrasive soap. You want to REMOVE all the old waxes & contaminants. Rinse as usual.

Then you are ready, on a very clean - paint surface.
After I did the wash, I could see what condition the actual paint was in.

( Here's the bonnet (hood) on the Ferrari)... Notice the raw paint condition on left, 1/3 side of 'hood' in photo, and new Carnuba wax on center -to- right side. It came out like a mirror.
Waxing was easy.
Enlarge photo to see....

wax before after.jpg

Last edited:

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm a fan of Meguiar's for everything from compounding & polishing to quick detailing spray, and for interior as well.
I like Collinite 845 for wax.
All of the above are very affordable and easy to use and relatively long-lasting. You can buy Meguiar's brand just about everywhere; you will probably have to buy Collinite 845 online.

BourbonNcigars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm a fan of Meguiar's for everything from compounding & polishing to quick detailing spray, and for interior as well.
All of the above are very affordable and easy to use and relatively long-lasting. You can buy Meguiar's brand just about everywhere; you will probably have to buy Collinite 845 online.
^ Yeah, paint maintenance and detailing doesn't have to break the bank. In my opinion it's very easy for people to spend way more than they have to on it. It sure is fun to do, though. It's one of the things I look forward to each summer. Car detailing. Except now that I bought a white one. Never doing that again. No matter what, white just doesn't give the same satisfaction after a job well done that other colors do. At least not for me. I like white, but it doesn't give quite enough "pop" after detailing.

Jorge1313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m the biggest sucker for wax I always bought German waxes . I tried them most all expensive one to cheap dirt ones I’m a wax addict I admit it . But last week I tried one it gave my paint a gloss with red tint on white it shine a lot on the Chevy white paint. Try chemical guys you see what I mean . I tried black fire which is more expensive and I say not as glossy as chemical guys

thompsoj22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
california native "REPUBLICAN" high desert
My friend's Ferrari 488... Black.... It had many details. They wiped stuff on the paint, but they never really cleaned the paint - they kept putting layers of quick detail crap on it
. I researched a solution....

Meguire's Wash Plus. You wash the paint, but use an agressive motion like you are polishing it. The soap is a fine- slightly abrasive soap. You want to REMOVE all the old waxes & contaminants. Rinse as usual.

Then you are ready, on a very clean - paint surface.
After I did the wash, I could see what condition the actual paint was in.

( Here's the bonnet (hood) on the Ferrari)... Notice the raw paint condition on left, 1/3 side of 'hood' in photo, and new Carnuba wax on center -to- right side. It came out like a mirror.
Waxing was easy.
Enlarge photo to see....

View attachment 216200

That is amazing, It took me awhile to see the hood, The reflection is so vivid it was tricking my brain into thinking i was looking into a trunk/void or somthing.

hawk115

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of Adam's for all my cleaning needs. By far the best customer service I have ever dealt with. I will also get some products from Flynns detail products flynndistinc.com they have great products as well. Travis Flynn is prior military so I like to support him and his family. 20180923_171036.jpeg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I really like their clay bar kit and Ultimate liquid wax. Both are very simple to use.

GranPrix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been using Menzerna and Blackfire for years now for polishing. For sealing/shine I've used PS100, P21S, Collinite 845, Jeff's Werkstat, Pinnacle, Blackfire, Duragloss Aquawax, Klasse. What I have yet to try is the ceramic coating.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zeronightwolf