What $1,000 of suspension work looks like to still rub

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alex_M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hope you're having that shop replace all your wheel spacers. If they broke off one, they probably overtorqued all of them. Wheel spacers are one of those things you really have to be careful with. If you get good quality ones, and you install them right and torque your wheels right every time you'll probably be all right. Otherwise you risk a spacer coming apart. Tons of pictures on the internet. I wouldn't trust any of those spacers after they touched them.

Would recommend black zip ties over white in the future. The black are UV resistant and last better outside. The white and other colors tend to dry rot and fall apart.

Those bumper clips have a center to them. You can press or pull the center out then the clip will pull out easily, and can be reused later.

If I'm being completely honest, I would be removing those wheel spacers even if the shop hadn't damaged them. The ONLY wheel spacers I will use are the hub centric style, and even those I am very picky about the ones I will use. Those cheapies like you have installed are killers. Lots of those have come apart and a wheel comes off your truck at speed, sending you into oncoming traffic or causing a rollover.

wQzW5AB.jpg

OP
OP
LordWayback

LordWayback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hope you're having that shop replace all your wheel spacers. If they broke off one, they probably overtorqued all of them. Wheel spacers are one of those things you really have to be careful with. If you get good quality ones, and you install them right and torque your wheels right every time you'll probably be all right. Otherwise you risk a spacer coming apart. Tons of pictures on the internet. I wouldn't trust any of those spacers after they touched them.

Would recommend black zip ties over white in the future. The black are UV resistant and last better outside. The white and other colors tend to dry rot and fall apart.

Those bumper clips have a center to them. You can press or pull the center out then the clip will pull out easily, and can be reused later.

If I'm being completely honest, I would be removing those wheel spacers even if the shop hadn't damaged them. The ONLY wheel spacers I will use are the hub centric style, and even those I am very picky about the ones I will use. Those cheapies like you have installed are killers. Lots of those have come apart and a wheel comes off your truck at speed, sending you into oncoming traffic or causing a rollover.

View attachment 389782
Mine are not hubcentric

Alex_M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Strongly recommend removing them then.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC