Wet passenger floor in my 05 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
mijohnst

mijohnst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I switched out to the correct T connector and that actually didn't fix the problem. The return line was still lukewarm while the other line to the heater core was really hot. I decided to backflush the lines by disconnecting them in the engine compartment and attaching a water hose to one side. The water flowed through it very easy and I didn't see any crude come back out of the other line. I let it run for about 5 minutes before I reconnected it all back together. After all that, it still wasn't blowing warm air.

My last-ditch effort was to pull the control module for the heat and AC in the back. I ran to the junkyard and pulled it out of a Tahoe of the same year. I ran home and popped it in and boom...hot air. Now both core pipes get hot and it seems to work as it should.

Thanks all for your help! Giving me pointers and ideas as to how to fix my issues has been so valuable.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
One thing is for sure, you know your front and rear heating and cooling system real good now.

Last edited:
OP
OP
mijohnst

mijohnst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One thing is for sure, you know your front and hear heating and cooling system real good now.

Oh yeah... I'm loving it. I'm sure it wasn't working before I bought it because I didn't check it. Not a hard fix when you know how to fix it.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442