Wet passenger floor in my 05 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
mijohnst

mijohnst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the core in and no more leaking. Woohoo!

Next issue... I was testing out the heat inside and I noticed the back air is blowing cold even after 30 minutes. Feeling the metal lines coming off the heater core T fitting I noticed that one line is very hot and the other one is just slightly warm. The hose that line tees off from is hot so the core I just replaced is working. Is this possibly the AC controller in the back could cause this? I would think both lines running back there would be hot all the time. Ugg...

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Don't give up yet. Sleep on it and come back tomorrow. You may be missing something because of tunnel vision.

OP
OP
mijohnst

mijohnst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Figured it out. I'm an idiot. I thought that the T hose connectors on the heater core were the same, so I used 2 black ones. Turns out one of them is the white one and it's a limiter. Attention to detail I guess isn't my strong suit. :/

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
You are getting there though. Learn as you go and retain the info. Before you know it you will know your rig inside and out and laugh about how many times you were banging your head about something.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Figured it out. I'm an idiot. I thought that the T hose connectors on the heater core were the same, so I used 2 black ones. Turns out one of them is the white one and it's a limiter. Attention to detail I guess isn't my strong suit. :/
Don’t fret about the mistakes you’ve made. At least you’re getting your hands dirty and trying new stuff. The only folks who don’t make mistakes are the ones who don’t do anything.

I am willing to bet that most of the folks on here have some funny stories they could share about some of the boneheaded mistakes we have made.

You are gaining valuable experience and as Ron said, you have a better understanding of your vehicle and you can expand on that overtime and then you can start helping others.

Don’t stop trying and don’t be afraid to ask questions.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Don’t fret about the mistakes you’ve made. At least you’re getting your hands dirty and trying new stuff. The only folks who don’t make mistakes are the ones who don’t do anything.

I am willing to bet that most of the folks on here have some funny stories they could share about some of the boneheaded mistakes we have made.

You are gaining valuable experience and as Ron said, you have a better understanding of your vehicle and you can expand on that overtime and then you can start helping others.

Don’t stop trying and don’t be afraid to ask questions.

Yep, the only stupid question is when you ask yourself if you should ask a question. Hell, I ran shops and was ASE certified and I still blundered sometimes. Mainly when I had tunnel vision and lacked the big picture. Live and learn is a phrase all DIY guys/girls, mechanics and techs should understand. When I can work on something with my eyes closed because I KNOW my vehicle, that is when you have reached your plateau and need to branch out to another vehicle. You don't want to go stale.

OP
OP
mijohnst

mijohnst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I appreciate the encouragement all! Although I've had some stumbles, I really have enjoyed the process I'm going through and what all left I have. I'm very glad to know I have some good people that are willing to give me the directions along the way. :)

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

What is the source of the one being a limiter? If that's true, what are the folks that use the Gruven tees experiencing?

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score

Hmmm. Where did you find this info? I just thought the angle and length were a little different.

What is the source of the one being a limiter? If that's true, what are the folks that use the Gruven tees experiencing?

This.