Well, well, well, who has seen this before?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trottida

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Was replacing the shocks and springs and such underneath today and cleared the dirt out of my eyes and noticed this! Anyone seen this before on their own rigs? The part number for the replacement costs in the many hundreds of dollars and includes the refrigerant lines. I reckon we can just remove the metal and double tie wrap it. Then when the hose fails, cut away the other end in the top of the photo and replace with new hose and use either small hose clamps or tie straps.

What say you?View attachment 346204
Yup, I've seen this too. I wish my 2011 Suburban LT was as clean as yours is. The northern climate eats these for breakfast. Replacing both coolant and AC lines and not too happy about it either. I had the same problem on my previous 2005 Suburban Z71. I see you have already noted my thread with the part numbers >> Rear Auxiliary HVAC hoses (A/C & Coolant) Replacement

Attachments

• IMG_2856.jpeg
    IMG_2856.jpeg
    243.8 KB · Views: 9

alpha_omega

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holy sheep $h*t! That’s a new one for me. Never seen hoses ate up that bad. Is that from the salt/sand mix sitting on them over winter?

trottida

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Holy sheep $h*t! That’s a new one for me. Never seen hoses ate up that bad. Is that from the salt/sand mix sitting on them over winter?
I gather that is the case. Lots of salt and sand used here in the north. My Suburban is subject to lots of gravel road use too. I do get it undercoated yearly but I still have corrosion issues.

trottida

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I gather that is the case. Lots of salt and sand used here in the north. My Suburban is subject to lots of gravel road use too. I do get it undercoated yearly but I still have corrosion issues. My 2011 seems to have less underbody protection from the factory than my previous 2005 and 2001. The undercarriage paint seems to just flake off the frame.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9