Well i found the source of my coolant leak (big crack)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

live2pull

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My only complaint about doing the radiator is no drain plug on the thing. A shade tree guy only doing the radiator should be done and road ready in about 2 hours conservatively.
Brands of radiators. I have used Spectra on my 3/4 ton twice with success and Acdelco. The fan clutch is typical thread direction and I have removed it with a large crescent wrench and a knocking the handle with a hammer. If you are in the rust belt, you may need to break out the air hammer and chisel tip, thats what the Duramax guys do to get the fan clutch removed.

Last edited:

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My only complaint about doing the radiator is no drain plug on the thing. A shade tree guy only doing the radiator should be done and road ready in about 2 hours conservatively.
Brands of radiators. I have used Spectra on my 3/4 ton twice with success and Acdelco. The fan clutch is typical thread direction and I have removed it with a large crescent wrench and a knocking the handle with a hammer. If you are in the rust belt, you may need to break out the air hammer and chisel tip, thats what the Duramax guys do to get the fan clutch removed.

You can use one of these as you take the system apart from the top down and suck the coolant out as you go. I bought this 3 years ago and it has been an invaluable tool in my arsenal for extracting fluids and keeping leaking messes and fudging with properly positioning sloshy drain pans to a minimum. Easy to collect and drain.

OP
OP
LordWayback

LordWayback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Regardless of the brand, it should at least be more watertight than what you have now.
I’m just hoping that I didn’t damage other components running water as long as i did they’ll flush the system out and use different coolant

OP
OP
LordWayback

LordWayback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I already have a new upper radiator hose in my truck’s back seat and the heater hoses are only a couple months old and if my heater core is leaking I’ll follow the hackjob youtube evap box tutorial to replace it

OP
OP
LordWayback

LordWayback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Regardless of the brand, it should at least be more watertight than what you have now.
It was installed today the ac delco part was incorrect I’m getting a refund from Amazon because ac Delco says the radiator fits but it absolutely does not. Not even close missing 2 cooler line ports and was too small of a core so I had to front $260 more than planned for the radiator I have a Murray in my truck now , also the lower radiator hose was incorrect supposedly edit : ACDelco Part # 21499
29FD74FF-171E-48C0-8A51-9A24685655CA.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
16yukon