Well i found the source of my coolant leak (big crack)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmmm. Pretty sure my AC Delco water pump had right-hand threads for the fan clutch. Right-tighty, lefty-loosey. Or am I wrong?
Oops I don’t remember…and I noticed that thread I linked said nothing about it.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t know what radiator to get I don’t want a Chinese pile of junk one but i don’t wanna swap in a used one I finally budgeted out the money for a new radiator just need to find which one to get Any idea which one to get?
I replaced mine with an ACDelco OEM. It was from rock auto.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Oops I don’t remember…and I noticed that thread I linked said nothing about it.

I've been second-guessing myself since this came up, and found this (cropped) pic courtesy @iamdub. Hard to tell but it sure looks like they're RH thread. Couldn't find a better pic easily.

Water pump.JPG

OP
OP
LordWayback

LordWayback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced mine with an ACDelco OEM. It was from rock auto.
I will think about it because it’s a somewhat major decision however any radiator that doesn’t leak and fits is definitely better than mine rn

OP
OP
LordWayback

LordWayback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Edit: I got confused there because I saw your post about rh threads and then the OP said “ correct righty loosey “ which is wrong right? Hahahaha shit. :crazy:
I thought I was crazy when the dang thing wouldn’t come off when removing it righty loosey but I figured out the dang thing is tight which is good for it not falling off but bad when trying to remove it

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought I was crazy when the dang thing wouldn’t come off when removing it righty loosey but I figured out the dang thing is tight which is good for it not falling off but bad when trying to remove it
I think you’re turning it in the wrong direction if you’re acting like it’s reverse threads because like @Fless said it’s normal threads, at least I’m pretty sure it is. So lefty loosey righty tightly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mimi66972