Well gotta change wheel hub assembly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clandr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with Timken. I replaced the original wheel bearings 2.5 years and 40,000 miles ago - no issues so far. Truck currently has 217k.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It has been proven time after time that this is one part to not cheap out on. Timken is or was the OEM supplier for GM. I'd aim for that or run Moog if Timken or ACDelco Original (not ACDelco Professional and certainly not ACDelco Advantage) weren't available.

Yes, you did great if you got an OEM hub for $132 shipped.
i just ordered a pair of fw324 (ac delco oem) off of amazon for $133 each shipped, I have a Amazon business account so the free shipping and no tax beats out rockauto who had them for $132+shipping+tax -5% still more than Amazon

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just ordered a pair of fw324 (ac delco oem) off of amazon for $133 each shipped, I have a Amazon business account so the free shipping and no tax beats out rockauto who had them for $132+shipping+tax -5% still more than Amazon

But he's in Canada, so he did very well getting them delivered at that price.

OP
OP
CDNTAHOE

CDNTAHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well got the truck back yesterday and wow what a difference. Feels tighter and boy did it needed to be changed. It was howling like crazy.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never heard of SKF. Hope it lasts for you.
SKF makes a lot of quality bearings. When I was with Magnaflux, we built a few mag particle inspection systems for them. I use them a lot on automated equipment. If there wheel bearings are if the same quality that I’ve seen on other stuff of theirs, I’d have no concerns.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne

Latest posts