Welcome to the modern world Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They've fallen into the trap of, "keeping up with the Jones'". One thing those IRS equipped SUVs have that the GMs do not, a lower carrying capacity! Our trucks can carry more stuff inside them and adding the weight of the IRS will reduce that and allow the competition to catch up. Our trucks are made for towing and unloaded they ride a little more rough then when loaded down. I rarely see the competition hitched up and hauling anything. The boat ramp I pass everyday has more GM SUVs attached to trailers by a factor of 5 or more, even the GM pickups outnumber the 1-ton Fords. And around here, it's not even unusual to see Escalades towing jet skis or small trailers.

Well, I've bought my last truck anyway, I intend to keep this one until the end.

Garandman

Reaction score
“Hardcore truckers might moan, but GM is aiming for enhanced ride quality and comfort here. To be frank, most Tahoes are just mall crawlers anyway, so this is probably best.”

That’s unfair - I’ve seen them at boarding school Lacrosse games and country clubs too!

except for the new Navigator which drives like a Rolls Royce in comparison
And has 12” more rear legroom, in case you are carrying more than Munchkins.

Last edited:

mtocrs1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We purchased our Yukon for two things, hauling the family and towing. We pull a boat, car trailer and atvs. If we can’t tow what is needed with the next generation there is no need for one and we will just get a smaller people mover and let my truck do the towing. However I have been questioning another GM anyway, our Yukon is a rattling shaking mess with only 55k on it. I am still waiting for the Grand wagoneer release.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MichaelSE

2010 2500
Reaction score
“Hardcore truckers might moan, but GM is aiming for enhanced ride quality and comfort here. To be frank, most Tahoes are just mall crawlers anyway, so this is probably best.”

Most Silverados and Sierras are just mall crawlers too, so why don't they get IFS as well?

As I said in the other future Tahoe thread, I'm disappointed in GM for going this route. When they put two different axles on two vehicles on the same exact platform, they are implicitly stating that one of the axles is a concession.

If people want reduced towing capacity, reduced payload, and a weaker axle all for a slightly smoother ride and a few inches of 3rd row room, they can buy a Traverse.

fozzi58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't see any ratings on towing for the new platform. Why don't we chill until we see what they offer? I highly doubt they are going to leave the towing crowd out in the cold especially since they are trying to prevent ford from continually chipping away at their segment. I personally don't tow so its no matter to me but 3rd row room and space behind the 3rd row do matter. I was in an 18 Navigator XL or whatever its called at the Javits center and its missing 12 inches from the back of my suburban. So its a no go for me on moving to Ford.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DLM_GT