Weirdness after spark plugs change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EddieC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use SeaFoam to cure all sorts of issues after winter storage. Bikes that will not fire or run rough get a dose of new gas and Seafoam, get it into the carbs to sit overnight and miraculously cured the next day. I have never had to try it in the primary FI cars, but it works wonders in carbs.

Slade3334

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have an 04 Yukon 4.8 127k miles. I had similar rough idling and acceleration depending on how you hit the gas in take off, it bogged and was not responsive.

Finally in one of the hard take offs where it would not downshift as in passing threw a code. Mass airflow performance.

I saw vids about cleaning mafs and how it resolved starting and rough idle. I spent 10.00 on a can of mass air cleaner (it's specific only for mass air),. It is now like a new car increased mileage, acceleration was amazing, nonlag or bog and smooth shifting. All these function are regulated by fuel/air mix which the ecm then can properly tune timing of fuel and combustion etc.

It didn't look obviously dirty but the needles apparently we're.

Google clean mass air sensor. I'm so glad I've done it the motor is so happy and me too.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Denaliz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just changed spark plugs and wires on my Denali and it runs amazing compared to before. Well over due on my end. Was my first shot at changing plugs and wasn’t too bad excluding #8 that just took a little more time. Nothing crazy tbh.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The plugs look original AC DELCO they came in their original packaging and looked brand new.
I must say though I did not change the gap as advised by the salesman.

Didn't read the 4 following pages past this post. You gotta at least verify the gap, they can be off slightly and done correctly, can be set without damaging the electrode.