Weird electrical issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NicP03Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i have an 03 Tahoe and last week my truck wouldn’t start. When I jumped it off the interior lights would not turn off and the windows would not roll down. Also the gas gauge and oil pressure and engine temp gauge were all not working along with battery light being on and abs light. Tested the alternator and battery and both needed to be replace. Now after replacing both the battery and alternator my gauges won’t work still and the same lights are on. The interior lights went out and the windows work again though. It starts and runs fine but I do notice that when I roll windows up and down that the headlights will dim. Looking for some direction in what to look at next. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I was thinking cluster might be bad but it seems odd that it went bad at the same time I was having the battery and alternator issues. Thanks in advance

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would disconnect the battery for at least 10-15 minutes and while your waiting check and clean all your grounds (battery, frame, engine to frame, firewall, etc), clean them up and then reattach even if they look ok. could be a ground issue seems to be a issue more with the nnbs than the nbs but I would start there and then if that doesn't resolve the problem then proceed into more in depth diagnostics.

OP
OP
N

NicP03Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Awsome will do. Thanks for the help and I’ll let u know how it goes.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
also from what you are describing it sounds like the replacement alternator isn't working or isn't working properly. I would double check the alternator make sure it is putting out more voltage when the engine is running versus battery voltage when the engine is off. for instance with the engine off you should have around 12.4v (at the battery)with the engine running you should have 13+

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DamThatRiver24