Weird electrical gremlin

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05DenaliBeast

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Okay so I got one that has me stumped, I have a 05 XL Denali and the interior illumination lights do not come on, unless I remove the cable going to the rearview mirror, but, if I have it connected the interior lights do not work and rearview mirror doesn't work, however, the sunroof works, gauge cluster works, lights on heater controls work, all exterior lighting works and the interior illumination lights including the rearview mirror were working fine when I drive it a month ago, in addition, my wife said this has been going on for a couple weeks now that the mirror would sometimes work along with the interior illumination lights.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would visit the junkyard and find a replacement mirror, has to match your existing mirror, there is a small set screw to loosen and remove the mirror.
mirror does not have to come out of the same vehicle but again must match the old one.
take a picture of the connector on the back and picture of the front and take your phone with you to the junkyard to be sure you get the same mirror

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a shorted diode in the rearview mirror assembly. Can be repaired with a 1N4007 if standard silicon diode is used. If its a zener diode then I will need the part# to cross it for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Banjomatic