Weird AC issue 2013 PPV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

madmanjustice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I bought my 2013 PPV, it was advertised with working AC (got it from an established dealer). When i test drive it, the AC was blowing, but not cold. Part of the agreement for me to purchase it was to have the AC repaired. They took it to their service dept who checked the system, found it was leaking, and then repaired the system. (unfortunately, i did not get a list of the actual repairs)

Anyway, I picked it up, AC was working great. But over the last week and a half, it seemed like the system was not cooling as well, then yesterday, cooling very little. So I have been trying to work out a time to take it back over.

Today I had planned to take it by Pep Boys for their free AC system check, but (here is where it gets weird) this morning driving into work I feel both cool and not cool air blowing. So i put my hand in front of the middle vents and the passenger vent is blowing cold and the drivers vent is not. I move the driver temp control to hot and it started blowing warm, and then i moved it back to cold and the system was blowing cold like there was no issue at all.

So now I am confused at where the problem could be. I know the system blows cold so it is probably not leaking or low on freon, but what controller should i be looking to trouble shoot?

Signed - hot flashes in Houston.

dnt1010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take it back and tell them what you noticed that will help them diagnose. There is a reset sequence for the blend door somewhere but I cannot find it right now (too lazy to look sorry). If you can find it by searchng this site or a google search you might try that first before spending time dropping it off.....

OP
OP
madmanjustice

madmanjustice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So it looks like there are two acuators, one under the passenger side dash, and one up higher kinda behind the passenger Airbag. Which one of these is for the drivers side air?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14