Way to determine which RPO codes can be adjusted without GM?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fubar0715

Scott
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FWIW, I have a SSV and was under the same assumption that features could be toggled on and off through the BCM. In reality, a VIN with same or improved "features" would need to be programmed into to enable missing items. Another side note about the PPV/SSV is some of the civilian features are disabled completely and missing wiring harness - my example is on my truck, I got no wiring for the fog lights.

OP
OP
Odii

Odii

Reaction score
FWIW, I have a SSV and was under the same assumption that features could be toggled on and off through the BCM. In reality, a VIN with same or improved "features" would need to be programmed into to enable missing items. Another side note about the PPV/SSV is some of the civilian features are disabled completely and missing wiring harness - my example is on my truck, I got no wiring for the fog lights.
thanks, I appreciate that

so far nothing is a desperate issue --- once console and door panels are installed, will take it for some maint and inspection

don't have speakers/radio/horn working yet, but those can be "later" problems.

the DRL is a bummer, but not end of the world - I didn't think to check for the fog lights working or not, i should do that

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
btdieselworks.com can program the drl for you. There are a few other lighting options (approach, exit, fade times and curves) I bought their programming to disable auto doorlocks. My DRL off now.

A Tech-2 is still very useful too, found out my tilt sensor was setting off my alarm randomly. found a GM bulletin about tilt sensor being mounted on the foot airduct which can deform with temperature tripping the sensor.

Last edited:

mikehooo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Make sure E brake is ALL the way off & check fuse this may get your DRL working again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC