Water spot removal solved

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

camaroz2887

Reaction score
Been playin games for the last few months tryin to get these extremely baked on water spots off my drivers side windows and windshield. Tried steel wool, polish, compound, vinegar, and god knows how many hacks to get it off. After all of that they still remained however, nowhere near as bad.

Finally my boss offered me a solution... Barkeepers friend found at Home Depot. It’s actually a glass top stove cleaner in a liquid form just apply with a good cloth and rub in.
All my other products were used in only one window and still did mediocre work.
Barkeepers though cut through the worst spots in a fraction of the time on previously untreated windows.

Had to post this up figuring I could save someone the problems I had. It even worked on the mirrors which I was sorta sketched out by.

Good Luck!

I’m not responsible for possible scratches or damages that arise from this. I had no damage at all but I will not be held liable if you do!

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also tired several products did some researching and came upon bruces GSR, it works really well, makes the glass look like new and doesn't scratch it
https://www.amazon.com/****-ENTERPRISES-6240-Remover-Plastic/dp/B000SASDIS

I will add that you have to actually use some elbow grease to get this to work, but the results are fantastic

15677225584801985102204842908332.jpg

OP
OP
camaroz2887

camaroz2887

Reaction score
Saw somethin similar to this at the local hardware store. Would’ve tried it first as it seems a bit more specific to water spots, but I already had barkeepers.

Just wanted to clarify after trying to replenish the remover that barkeepers makes a specific glass cooktop cleaner and that works amazingly with some effort. After not finding the correct stuff I used the barkeepers soft cleanser(more multipurpose) and it worked but not as good as the glass top cleaner.

alexalex

Reaction score
Saw somethin similar to this at the local hardware store. Would’ve tried it first as it seems a bit more specific to water spots, but I already had barkeepers.

Just wanted to clarify after trying to replenish the remover that barkeepers makes a specific glass cooktop cleaner and that works amazingly with some effort. After not finding the correct stuff I used the barkeepers soft cleanser(more multipurpose) and it worked but not as good as the glass top cleaner.

Which cleaner exactly works for you? Any of these https://productadvisor.com/best/cleaners/stove-top/ ? I've been currently looking for an effective one too.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been using Turtle Wax's White Polishing Compound since I was a kid on the glass. It ran out, couldn't find it again, so we bought Meguiar's Compound. Have used it on paint to good effect but not on the glass yet.

dnt1010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have very hard water here in my area of middle TN. I used a trutle wax product on the window glass that worked pretty good but was labor and time intensive. I solved my vehicle water spot a couple of years ago when I bought a CR Spotless DI water filter system. I usually do not believe the hype of these products but I was sooooo tired of dealing with water spots that I bit the bullet and ordered one. It is pretty incredible, you can absolutely wash your vehicle in the direct sun rinse it off with the DI water, let it dry in the direct sun and it will not have any spots on the paint or glass. It still amazes me............
Of course it is not cheap to initially buy and the filter replacements are expensive, plus they do not last very long but it absolutely works. Worth it to me. As long as I can afford it I will not do without one. (Stock Market crash is killing me I MIGHT have one for sale Haha)

EddieC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have moderately hard water and I use a "CR Spotless Water System" to treat the rinse water; no need to dry anything, even in the sun, and no spots on anything. Just let it drip dry. I love it.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have moderately hard water and I use a "CR Spotless Water System" to treat the rinse water; no need to dry anything, even in the sun, and no spots on anything. Just let it drip dry. I love it.
I looked at those quite awhile back. It’s fairly expensive considering you need to buy the system and then pay for the resin also. I think it was about $.30 a gallon iirc?

EddieC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked at those quite awhile back. It’s fairly expensive considering you need to buy the system and then pay for the resin also. I think it was about $.30 a gallon iirc?
I've had mine many years and never bought replacement resin yet and the gage says the water out is still testing low. I saw the current prices for the unit and it's pretty high now though. As I recall, mine was just under $300 delivered. They suggest only needing to use the treated water for final rinse so it's not a lot of water used but then again I am not washing the "beast" with it.
I think how long the resin lasts also depends on how hard the water is.
It is worth it for me because getting the mineral deposits off the glass is a big PIA not to mention time lost for other interests.

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've had mine many years and never bought replacement resin yet and the gage says the water out is still testing low. I saw the current prices for the unit and it's pretty high now though. As I recall, mine was just under $300 delivered. They suggest only needing to use the treated water for final rinse so it's not a lot of water used but then again I am not washing the "beast" with it.
I think how long the resin lasts also depends on how hard the water is.
It is worth it for me because getting the mineral deposits off the glass is a big PIA.
I just use a squeegee and big microfiber towels and dry mine after washing. No spots!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wilburMN