Water/Methanol Injection?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

m1949

LS364/450
Reaction score
I've been reading up and watcing UTube videos which discuss the benefits of water-Methanol injection systems. I came across this system when looking for a sustained solution to carbon buildup on the valves of Ford direct injection Ecoboost engines. The main claims about W-M injection is it reduces airt intake trak temps, increases power, improves fuel economy and prevents carbon buildup. (They also claim it eliminates the need for high Octane fuel in higher compression engines.) All this seems too good to be true. So I'd like to hear from anyone who has first-hand knowledge/experience with Water-methanol injection and especially so if you have installed it on a 6.0L or 6.2L smallblock or a Ford Ecosboost. Below is a video with more information. Thanks!
https://www.snowperformance.eu/en/water-injection/boost-cooler-features

Last edited:

Mudsport96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Water/meth is for forced induction for the most part. Yeah it can work on super high compression NA stuff but if you are worried about detonation just go to e85. Enough octane to suppress that, and it will help stave off carbon buildup.

Water goes to steam then back to water so your exhaust will rust faster, plus any moisture that makes it to the crankcase and doesnt get evacuated by the pcv system will contribute to sludge. As for mpg increase.... im skeptical at best. With the epa meddling in every other aspect to increase mpgs, if there was the slightest possibility it worked they would make it a law.

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Generally doesn't play nice with EGR.