Water leaking down inside of windshield.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mickeys Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 18 Chevy Tahoe custom with less than 2k ‘miles on it. I have noticed that I get a small amount of water coming back from the rear view mirror mount when I’m driving. I attached a picture (it’s hard to see but if you look closely inside the circled area you can see the water). Has anybody expierence this before?

I haven’t done anything to that area besides add an eyebrow tint.

Thanks!

1F38A47F-2C42-4FF5-A6DF-3C42EB9CCADA.jpeg

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My guess is that your shark fin antenna is leaking. Does your headliner feel "heavy" or wet? Been getting a lot of rain where you're at?

Ksnell

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Could just be a bad install from the factory. Take water hose and put it just on the top of windshield and see if it runs in if not move to shark fin then u can determine location. Probably a faulty install from factory. Depends on how bad leak is it can probably be patch from inside at dealer or glass shop

Mwbutcher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 18 Chevy Tahoe custom with less than 2k ‘miles on it. I have noticed that I get a small amount of water coming back from the rear view mirror mount when I’m driving. I attached a picture (it’s hard to see but if you look closely inside the circled area you can see the water). Has anybody expierence this before?

I haven’t done anything to that area besides add an eyebrow tint.

Thanks!

View attachment 196501
I had some sort of oil run from the exact spot. Wasn't water but clear fluid/oily substance. Wiped it up and haven't seen it since. 2017 Yukon SLT.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had some sort of oil run from the exact spot. Wasn't water but clear fluid/oily substance. Wiped it up and haven't seen it since. 2017 Yukon SLT.

There's a thought...
Since its that new, some monkey in the prep crew overloaded the interior side of the windshield with water end its still weeping out???

OP
OP
M

Mickeys Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

We hadn’t had much rain lately which is why I thought it was really weird. I didn’t think about the fin possibly being the issue. I’ll have to check it out.

MW, your right. It looks more oily than actually water. I was going to leave it there until I can get into a shop but maybe I’ll just wipe it and see it happens again. Thanks!

Tk59194

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone else have this problem or know what the fix is?

jonsharp2000

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My guess is that your shark fin antenna is leaking. Does your headliner feel "heavy" or wet? Been getting a lot of rain where you're at?

I would bet this is the issue, happened on my 2016, a common issue apparently.

Tk59194

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer says its some kind of "gel pack" leaking from the rearview mirror module. Apparently I need to replace the rearview mirror. Definitely not water. It's an oily substance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094