Water leak!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only one post and that is 1-1/2 years old, he's probably not coming back.

You might try googling some of those numbered references he makes, looking for a TSB.

CarolinaCoastal18

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Only one post and that is 1-1/2 years old, he's probably not coming back.

You might try googling some of those numbered references he makes, looking for a TSB.

Google didn't come up with anything about 15183 in particular. Is there a database I'm missing?

Reaction score
I have the same issue on my 2008 but its my own fault. I thought I had a bad OnStar antenna and took it loose to replace it. The replacement was the wrong one so I put the old antenna back on. I broke the plastic tab the was on the bottom of my antenna but thought the gasket would suffice. while washing my Yukon on Saturday, I accidentally pulled on my antenna while washing the roof, now I have the leak. Tried some sealant and that slowed it but didnt stop it. I guess I'll be dropping the headliner this weekend and seal and tighten the antenna.

Redfish5050

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I know I am a new member, but I have lurked for a while. I also frequent a few other forums too. You may want to check into this campaign:

# 15183: Service Update for Inventory and Customer Vehicles - Driver's Side Front Roof Ditch Molding Water Leak - (Mar 18, 2015)

Subject: 15183 - Service Update for Inventory and Customer Vehicles - Driver's Side Front Roof Ditch Molding Water Leak - Expires with Base Warranty

My 2015 Yukon XL sprung a leak on the driver side in this area. Took it to dealer and they suspected the sunroof leaked or something. Never saw a leak again. The campaign has you remove the plastic strip molding on the driver side roof in front of the rail. It is in the little track there. If you remove that, the campaign seals up the area with some RTV and then puts the molding back in there. Apparently the tack weld between the roof and side panels isn't quite water tight.

This might not apply to yours, just figured I would throw it out there. Good luck :)
Here is the Service Bulletin 15183:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pikelk98