SOLVED: Water Leak?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When it rains, I find a little puddle on the driver floor mat. I can also catch drips coming from the a pillar if it rains bad enough while I'm in car. I think its related to some window rubber. Just wondering what to buy and how to install? This is only on driver side.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is a drain (or two) in the frame holding the moon roof assembly that diverts any water to the outside (underneath) the truck that may accidently pass through the moon roof seal . Sometimes, these drains become clogged, and then the water must find another path, usually on 5the inside of the truck. Check out the status of these drain(s).

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And sometimes those drain tubes come apart at the connections... This is really common
on GM cars (and others) since the water drains down by the A Pillars

OP
OP
M

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback guys, where are these drain holes or common points of failure?

OP
OP
M

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And sometimes those drain tubes come apart at the connections... This is really common
on GM cars (and others) since the water drains down by the A Pillars

Finally took time to look into this and that is EXACTLY what happened. Had to remove sun visor and a pillar which gave enough access to see the failure. Added a rubber hose to secure connection and now all is well. THANK YOU!

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for following up on the solution > I think there is a way of tagging the thread
as solved/fixed/etc

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
16yukon

Latest posts