Water leak into driver side front door jam/frame/kick panel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You were in a hurricane... Wouldn't it be surprising if you did not have water in the truck? ;-) That said, the passenger footwell is where the air filter is or used to be -- depending on options and model year. I bet the hurricane forced water into your air intake, and what you see if where that water drained into the interior.

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also- RTV is a temp fix. Use a urethane or seam sealer. Up to about 6x on bond strength to RTV.

J Mac

Reaction score
I'm lucky...mine was an easy fix. Right before I bought the truck, previous owner replaced original cab lights with aftermarket LED ones...that don't seal worth a chit. Right after a rain storm came through yesterday I checked the truck and had water dripping from from the overhead console and running down the passenger side A post. Got em all sealed up now so should be good.

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Noticed water in my pass side carpet today. Had just hosed her off at the war wash. So the carpet was soaked with hot water. Make sure it wasn't from heater core as it didn't smell like coolant. Any thoughts or tips on where to start. 2005 tahoe, no sun roof. First time owner here so I been doing a lot of lurking and tinkering with it.

Mrh3r0

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
so, i had the cowl off today and couldnt find the leak. i sealed up the three usual spots (door wire grommet, ebrake cable boot and shifter cable boot) although they wouldnt explain how water is getting here to begin with. i had the cowl off and pumped it with water. no dice.

i think the leak is somewhere in the small space between the fender and the cowl since water finally came in after spraying in there a good bit. i dont think its the door seals. no evidence of leaking there. pulled the A pillar. dry.

any thoughts? time to pull the fender and take a look?
Where you able to track down the leak or crack? I am having a leak in that area as well, was looking for pointers before i rip the fender off and start caulking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442