Water in edge protection of hatchback

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it were mine and it was really bothering me... I would carefully pop the trim piece off to see what was there originally (foam gasket, maybe?).

If there was a seal there and a replacement like the original is not aailable, I might try a bead of silicone or applying 3M double-sided adhesive foam tape across the top edge only. Leaving the ends and bottom unsealed and open to allow any water that still manages to get inside to escape.

03catburban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with @MassHoe04 . Some reason water is not draining from the bottom of that trim.

If it was mine, I would Pressure washer the gap between the hatch and the cladding to try and clean out whatever it is

OP
OP
nonickatall

nonickatall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The question is: How can I disassemble the panel? Is that glued, or screwed from inside?
And I wonder where the water goes in. Does it enter at the panel itself, or the comes it from the inside?

My thirt break light has a crack, so I wonder if it comes from the break light and runs all the way through, to the bottom and finds its way somehow into the panel.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The question is: How can I disassemble the panel? Is that glued, or screwed from inside?
And I wonder where the water goes in. Does it enter at the panel itself, or the comes it from the inside?

My thirt break light has a crack, so I wonder if it comes from the break light and runs all the way through, to the bottom and finds its way somehow into the panel.
From where the water pours out in the video, I don't believe the source would be the stop light or coming through from the inside of the hatch.

I don't have an Escalade or how that trim attaches to the hatch, but that is what I still think the water is collecting behind before you open it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DamThatRiver24