Watch out for RED LIGHT runners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our oldest daughter was hit by a red light runner yesterday. She walked away from the accident but has lots of bruises and cuts. Please tell your family and friends to be careful leaving an intersection under a green light because the RED LIGHT runners are becoming an epidemic level. She was lucky , she was buckled in and had some good GM iron around her with a good airbag system. View attachment 345043View attachment 345044View attachment 345045View attachment 345046
Truck did its job, now go get another one! Going to part this one out?

OP
OP
rdhogg

rdhogg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck did its job, now go get another one! Going to part this one out?
Probably not, she and our son in law live in another city, he is not inclined to take the time to do it. The investigating officer did not give either one a ticket because it could not determine who had the green light , but s in l and daughter went back to the seen and found a auto repair shop that had a security cam and it showed that daughter had the green so they took the evidence to the police station , BAM

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably not, she and our son in law live in another city, he is not inclined to take the time to do it. The investigating officer did not give either one a ticket because it could not determine who had the green light , but s in l and daughter went back to the seen and found a auto repair shop that had a security cam and it showed that daughter had the green so they took the evidence to the police station , BAM
It's sad when citizens have to step in and help the folks we hire to protect and serve do their jobs as thoroughly as they should have. I reckon though that they are overwhelmed or trained to just get it done using witnesses and skip the more detailed "investigating".

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Here in Dallas I just go under the assumption that everyone is TRYING TO HIT ME, makes life easier behind the wheel.
This is the new defensive driving technique. My neighbor 7 doors down tailgated me until I finally pulled over to let him go by. I kid you not he told me where he lived and a good park down the street to fight.

I offered to send a deputy to his house since he told me where he lived. The 3 cars behind him honking were the only thing that got him moving. Yep, a deputy did roll out to his home and turns out he was renting the house from the owner who moved.

The cat was just nuts and seemed to have just ingested a bag of Afghan talcum powder. Now my neighbors and I are trying to figure out how a dude coming back from surfing can be all jacked up like this.

Dash cam! The Deputy who knew me inferred I had a dash cam too. That made my guy change his story from I was following him to he was tailgating. He self reported himself afterwards. Gotta get a dash cam in this day and age.

So glad your herd is ok. Both my girls will be driving soon. This has me rethinking things.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the new defensive driving technique. My neighbor 7 doors down tailgated me until I finally pulled over to let him go by. I kid you not he told me where he lived and a good park down the street to fight.

I offered to send a deputy to his house since he told me where he lived. The 3 cars behind him honking were the only thing that got him moving. Yep, a deputy did roll out to his home and turns out he was renting the house from the owner who moved.

The cat was just nuts and seemed to have just ingested a bag of Afghan talcum powder. Now my neighbors and I are trying to figure out how a dude coming back from surfing can be all jacked up like this.

Dash cam! The Deputy who knew me inferred I had a dash cam too. That made my guy change his story from I was following him to he was tailgating. He self reported himself afterwards. Gotta get a dash cam in this day and age.

So glad your herd is ok. Both my girls will be driving soon. This has me rethinking things.
Yep, been running a dash cam for three years now, need to get one for the Sierra and the other car.

Sundancer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Wow for a tank like that to get banged up that way, that other car must have been hauling. Glad the daughter is ok

OP
OP
rdhogg

rdhogg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow for a tank like that to get banged up that way, that other car must have been hauling. Glad the daughter is ok
My daughter did not have a dash cam but our son in law was able to get video from a auto shop that was at the intersection, gave it to the insurance co and the other driver then admitted fault. I thought Houston drivers were crazy from still having to deal with Hurricane Harvey and the COVID lockdown, but we are up in East Brunswick, NJ visiting in laws and Damn if NJ drivers are just as crazy and running RED lights. That is the real pandeminic , ha.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be observant is the best advice. My dash cam has captured several accidents, here is a 'red light' runner about 47 sec into the clip, look for the small SUV turning left under the underpass. I gave a copy of the video to the guy driving the brand new pick-up so there would not be any doubt , you can see the light is still red for the SUV.
that intersection would benefit from a large 12" circle RED traffic light sitting in the center median area

it's pretty clear they only got the 8" ones installed which is the incorrect size for that location

do suggest it to the city most likely they will install it
PumpTalk_07062018_SmartTrafficLights.jpg

Last edited:

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to get a dashcam for my rig as well. I installed on in my wife's Jeep almost a year ago. I love it, thinking about getting the same one for my Burban. It's made by "Rexing" and it's actually two cameras. The main dashcam mounts on the upper windshield and there's a small second camera that l mounted in the upper rear glass to get a good view of what's going on behind the car. Was a pain running all the wiring above the headliner, but the end result is definitely a clean factory looking install.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts